THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Gtechniq EVO and Crystal Serum review

08-28-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
vancitymike
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Gtechniq EVO and Crystal Serum review

I've just washed my car since first applying the Gtechniq ceramic coating/Serum - in the past I've used many different spray wax and regular wax products -by far, the best (as it should be) is the Gtechinq coatings. The water beading is better, dirt and dust doesn't stick as much, and the shine is at its best. It was easy to work with, I only needed about half the product for my car. The stuff isn't cheap but so far I think its worth it. Now I'm more inclined to try the premium glass coatings... https://www.autoobsessed.com/collect...light-30ml-kit is what/where I got it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 07:39 PM   #2
rfranklin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: No fun car right now

Looks great. Gtechniq makes some excellent products. I used CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 on mine. Wish I would have gone with Crystal Serum Light, though. CSL only requires a single coat, and as far as durability is concerned, it's holds its own when compared to a number of different professional grade coatings.

What polish and pads did you use?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
vancitymike
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranklin View Post
Looks great. Gtechniq makes some excellent products. I used CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 on mine. Wish I would have gone with Crystal Serum Light, though. CSL only requires a single coat, and as far as durability is concerned, it's holds its own when compared to a number of different professional grade coatings.

What polish and pads did you use?
My paint is really soft, so I just used the meguiars DA microfiber finishing pad and Finishing polish only, not the cutting pads or polish - I didn’t need any more than that, for the severity of swirls there were (not much)
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

im about to do the Crystal Serum Light based on your reviews. I purchased the two step rubbing compound and polish kit with Adams polish and alcohol spray, along with some new fiber towels, ceramic applicator, and suede microfiber towel for the wipe off of coating.

Any suggestions? my car has erratic scratches from previous shitty polish work, along with a light swirl throughout. first timer.....
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
rfranklin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: No fun car right now

Do a test spot first (suggest somewhere on the roof). I'd even tape it off just to be sure you can see any differences. Since it's been polished before, you want to be careful that you aren't taking off too much of the clear coat (especially if it was done poorly before). Keep the speed around 3-4 and work in a 2x2 area (cross-hatch pattern). Slow and steady passes with 50% overlap (1 up/down, 1 left/right). Check your work and then go from there. Might even suggest a one-step since it's your first time. Sonax Perfect Finish and a Rupes Yellow foam pad make for a great combo. Just be sure that you're blowing out/cleaning off your pads after every section/panel.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #6
Kanaro
Banned
Rep
Drives: Citroen C4

Very gooch
Appreciate 0