THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Exterior Parts FS: Forged Carbon Mirror Caps (broken plastic clips)

07-17-2022, 06:30 PM   #1
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale are a pair of real forged carbon mirror caps. These are the more expensive dry-carbon version (very lightweight as no ABS plastic frame is used). The forged carbon is overlaid on top of a layer of carbon fiber sheet, with mounting tabs panel bonded to the back.

A couple of weeks ago I saw that my passenger side mirror cap seemed loose, when I touched it, it came off completely. Upon inspection, I noticed all 3 mounting plastic tabs had 1 tab broken off. I'm really not sure what happened, it was a hot day, so I think either the heat and pressure broke them, or the more likely scenario someone tried to steal it and broke the tabs by force, and left it at that point. There's no outside damage on the forged carbon, they still look brand new, so I don't think anyone hit my mirror. I put strips of 3M double sided tape to the outer layer of the cap and mounted it back on where it held perfectly fine for the last 4 weeks. I ultimately decided to switch to OEM carbon fiber as permanent solution.

The driver side mirror cap has zero broken clips, and BOTH mirror caps still look brand new from the outside, with no damage, chips, marks or discolored clear coat.

Below are pictures of the caps, the damaged plastic tabs on passenger mirror cap, and also the 3M tape I used to mount it back (the tape has since been removed for this sale). The last picture is of the back of the driver side mirror cap showing that all mounting tabs are unbroken and intact!

I've seen these dry-carbon version caps sell anywhere from $250-350 online. I'm asking a heavily discounted amount for both.

PRICE: $60 not firm, will listen to any offers

PM me with questions and offers!

Thanks for looking

Attached Images

Last edited by toxik; 07-22-2022 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 07:40 PM   #2
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #3
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel