THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Headlight Help

05-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
Cyber_Cloud
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Garage List
2017 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Headlight Help

So I recently bought a 230i convertible 2 weeks ago and it has the ugly non halos. I was wondering if anyone knows any after market headlights that aren't around $1k? Also I have found some on ebay for cheap but they have broken tabs are these tabs replaceable? Or once the tabs are broken are they done? TIA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
mb67
In search of the perfect cup of coffee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Conv

There's no really cheap way to get around upgrading the lights. I had mine retrofitted so that they could be plug and play with the car's wiring harnesses, and it wasn't cheap.

There's a guy on the forum who bought the xenon headlights and had them modded for the halogen setup, and while it was a bit cheaper than what I spent, it was still a fair amount over $1k USD.

Here's what mine looks like -

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
BetweenTheWheels
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Cloud View Post
So I recently bought a 230i convertible 2 weeks ago and it has the ugly non halos. I was wondering if anyone knows any after market headlights that aren't around $1k? Also I have found some on ebay for cheap but they have broken tabs are these tabs replaceable? Or once the tabs are broken are they done? TIA!
Retrofitted mine with Bavegruppe halos and Morimoto projectors. Most difficult mod of my car owning lifetime. Still pleased that I did it.
Attached Images

mb67152.00