THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Blank head unit screen - bimmercode

10-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
nyquist10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Blank head unit screen - bimmercode

Hello guys,

I tried to enable video in motion, and USB video in my car using bimmercode app. The thing is that a few seconds after the "coding" started the head unit screen turned off and then turned on again after another few seconds, without a reboot. The bimmercode app failed to code the features (received a pop up message saying that) and it asked me if I would like to discard the changes, which I did. The head unit screen was working so I thought "Ok then, I'll try later.." I started the engine and drove home. Next day I got a blank screen, with no error messages but a thin white horizontal line near the top.
Tried manually rebooting the head unit by holding the volume 30 seconds.. It tends to reboot but ends up with the same empty screen.

Have any of you guys experienced something similar to this? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Additional info
-I've never went in "expert mode" within the bimmercode app.
-The car was parked and engine was not running.
-Driver Seat belt was engaged/in used.
-Nothing was touched during the coding (no open/close doors, no switches moved, nothing that could have interrupted it).
-M240i 2018

Regards!
Appreciate 0