THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board I need Mac Pro help

12-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #23
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Im not making fun of the other threads. The past couple of days when i shut down my macpro, the dock and top navigation bar disappear and it just shows my background. I have to hold the power button to shut it down. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't wanna call apple support because they're idiots.
Go to Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

This program is like pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE for PCs, it will give you a list of whats running on your macbook, and where your resources are being used up, etc. . .Sort by %CPU and you can see what programs are dominating your memory, and preventing your system from shutting down.
      12-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #24
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

you can also go to disk utility and run permissions tests and stuff. i would try that too
Appreciate 0