THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions Clicking noise coming from engine

06-29-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
Dan1722
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW gran tourer 218d

Clicking noise coming from engine

Hi I've got a series 218d and when I turn engine off there a loud clicking sound coming from engine could any one help please
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

open the hood and listen to hear if the noise is coming from below the exhaust manifold or wear the exhaust bends down to go underneath the passenger compartment - it could be heat dissipating near a heat shield and as it cools and contracts it makes noise. Be careful very hot area.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
Dan1722
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW gran tourer 218d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
open the hood and listen to hear if the noise is coming from below the exhaust manifold or wear the exhaust bends down to go underneath the passenger compartment - it could be heat dissipating near a heat shield and as it cools and contracts it makes noise. Be careful very hot area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
It's not a metal clicking it sounds like plastic clicking I'd put video on here put can't you load vids
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 02:14 AM   #4
sogrouch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1722 View Post
Hi I've got a series 218d and when I turn engine off there a loud clicking sound coming from engine could any one help please
geometry dash
It's not a metallic click; it sounds more like a click of plastic. I'd put a video on this page, but I can't seem to load videos.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 03:16 PM   #5
stone86
Rep
Drives: BMW F45

well, it might be the closing of the grill air flaps (efficient dynamics). I saw it on mine that they close when turning the car off.
Appreciate 0