THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA BMW gift hamper?

06-26-2016, 10:00 AM   #23
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
I sent an email to BMW Sydney... It got sent around all the way back to my salesman, he called me and said only M cars get those vouchers... Maybe different dealers have different processes... Doesn't look like I'll get one
den,

Email or call Kimberley.
She handled my vouchers, organised extension of validity date when I was too busy to use mine.

BMW Group
Kimberley
Customer Interaction Centre
Customer Interaction Consultant
783 Springvale Rd
Mulgrave VIC 3170
Australia

PO Box 611
Mulgrave VIC 3170

Tel: 1800 813 299
Fax: 03 9568 0261
mailto: info@bmw.com.au
http://www.bmw.com.au
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:30 AM   #24
apm235
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

You should definitely get a voucher to the driving experience. I bought my car in August last year and just got the email to use my voucher a few weeks ago and did the drive day last week.

Was great fun just by the way!

I also got a carbon fiber pen, some nice chocolates and flowers to give to my mum which was nice. I really do think it varies from sales person to sales person. The lady I dealt with was an absolute pleasure and I would highly recommend her to anyone in Melbourne looking to purchase a new BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #25
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I ended up with a car cleaning kit, Moet and key ring. I'm looking forward to the driving experience as well.

@ apm235 Where did you go for your driving experience? I've been considering Philip Island, as the track looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #26
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '05 LMB 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by koston View Post
I ended up with a car cleaning kit, Moet and key ring. I'm looking forward to the driving experience as well.

@ apm235 Where did you go for your driving experience? I've been considering Philip Island, as the track looks amazing.
100% do Phillip Island, awesome track to drive at and not too many things to hit if you get it wrong..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 06:57 PM   #27
apm235
Private
Rep

Quote:

Yep did it at Philip Island. I've never really had any track experience so I'm probably not one to comment as to how good or bad the track is....but damn it was good fun! I liked how the track has a good mix of everything. Long sweeping corners with hairpins and a good long straight.

I actually want to buy an E30 or E36 and turn it into a track beater and start doing it recreationally now! 😊
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

No luck with contacting driving experience people directly either I got this reply.

Good afternoon Dennis,

Thank you for your email.

Driving Experience voucher are included in the welcome pack for eligible vehicles, our records do not identify the M235i been one of eligible vehicles, this is why you have not received a voucher.

Welcome any documentation you have for me to investigate, do you have any point of sale information regarding its inclusion?

Look forward to your reply.

BMW Group Australia
Doug Greenslade
Driving Experience Manager
783 Springvale Rd
Mulgrave VIC 3170
Australia
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #29
2er
Private
Rep

I just rung the 1800 number and told it was only for M cars
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #30
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hey Everyone

It seems quite arbitrary as to which M235i owner receives a Driving Experience voucher.

I have created a form to take a sample of current M235i owners in Australia. If this gains enough traction I'll contact someone at the next level up in the hierarchy, a more senior manager at BMW Australia or one in Germany if necessary.

The purpose of this communication is to:
  • seek clarification as to why some owners have not received a voucher, hence the need for the form so I can provide figures; and
  • request vouchers for those that did not receive one.
This process has often led to results in the past - received a personal call from the CEO of my energy company to rectify an issue and resolved a number of tenancy disputes for friends.

Please complete the form even if you have already received a voucher. If we can obtain about 20-30 responses I think we will be in a strong position. All responses are anonymous unless you decide to provide additional details.

Regards

Koston
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2016, 04:38 AM   #31
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I asked my dealer at Bruce Lynton (Gold Coast), they pretty much just fobbed me off/gave me the run around. Ps that dealership is horrible. But I did get a very good price at the time. I went last week to look for a second car and they made me wait an hour then told me the car I wanted to test drive had been sold.

Build thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149793
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #32
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
I asked my dealer at Bruce Lynton (Gold Coast), they pretty much just fobbed me off/gave me the run around. Ps that dealership is horrible. But I did get a very good price at the time. I went last week to look for a second car and they made me wait an hour then told me the car I wanted to test drive had been sold.
Wow you're not the only one that thinks they're horrible.

I also got my car there... Biggest f*ckaround...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #33
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Please complete the form even if you have already received a voucher. If we can obtain about 20-30 responses I think we will be in a strong position. All responses are anonymous unless you decide to provide additional details.

Regards

Koston
Have you received many responses?

Would be good to get an idea so I know how hard to push next month when I'm taking delivery of the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #34
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Not many yet. Would be good to get a few more responses.

If you think of any more M235i owners, in Australia, just mention them in a post.

ginge235 Have you taken delivery yet and did you receive a voucher? The voucher is worth about $1,400.

jaffa12 apm235 Knightelf shaynem BenWM Cyen85 Cpdbeemer cckc81 WasabiJim

If you have a few minutes spare, could you please fill the form out? Thanks!

Please complete the form even if you already received a complimentary Driving Experience Voucher.

TLDR - Some M235i owners received a voucher and some didn't. I was fortunate enough to receive one with my purchase. For those that didn't, I am trying to organise one for them.

Last edited by koston; 07-10-2016 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Added more owners
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2016, 02:56 AM   #35
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i & VW Scirocco R

Drive Experience

ginge235 Have you taken delivery yet and did you receive a voucher? The voucher is worth about $1,400.

Hi Guys

I took delivery of my M235 last month and contacted the salesman a few weeks ago when I read on the forum about our entitlement to a Drive Day.

On the forum was an email from Talea Leenarts who is the Drive Experience Co-Ordinator at BMW confirming this??..So is this email or post wrong or what?....
I passed this email on to my dealer.. waiting for him to get back to me.

Well done Koston for following up on this.

If I went I would definitely want to take the Phillip Island day.However I would want to do the advanced course as I just recently did the drive experience day.

Would of course be a great track to drive
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #36
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

Hi Guys

Good news- just received my voucher!
So will be heading down to Phillip island sometime in 2017

Cheers

Paul
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #37
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge235
Hi Guys

Good news- just received my voucher!
So will be heading down to Phillip island sometime in 2017

Cheers

Paul
That's good news!

Did your dealer organise it or did you have to contact BMW directly? I'll be taking delivery in less than 3 weeks so will be needing to push for this!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #38
koston
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

That's great news, ginge235! I'm waiting for the next intensive down there.

DanielGr The dealer was not helpful. You are better off emailing BMW Australia directly. You may want to use the line below:

"In December 2015, Talea Leenarts, BMW Driving Experience Coordinator, advised that all new M235i owners receive a driving experience course voucher. I have also spoken with a number of M235i owners who have received vouchers."

Contact details provided below:
General Manager Sales - daniel.odman@bmw.com.au
General Manager Marketing - stuart.jaffray@bmw.com.au
Area Manager - murray.anderson@bmw.com.au
‎Events & Sponsorship Manager - miriam.filippi@bmw.com.au
Driving Experience Manager - doug.greenslade@bmw.com.au (would not recommend this contact)
Driving Experience Coordinator - lesley.dodds@bmw.com.au
It also doesn't matter what year your car was made, as owners from 2014 and 2016 have received vouchers.

A week or two before delivery I contacted them by email and provided my VIN. They noted my complimentary voucher was recorded against my contact details. Shortly after, I started receiving emails reminding me to redeem it.

Start with Lesley first and if you have any issues try someone higher up in the hierarchy.

Edit: Forgot to add - always be polite but assertive, never aggressive.

Last edited by koston; 07-20-2016 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 05:15 AM   #39
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=DanielGr;20283360]That's good news!

Did your dealer organise it or did you have to contact BMW directly? I'll be taking delivery in less than 3 weeks so will be needing to push for this

I sent my dealer a copy of the email that was on the forum.The email was sent by Tahlea Leenarts?? of BMW to one of the members re the 235i and their entitlement to a drive day.
My dealership must have contacted BMW
I would send your dealer that email and see how you go !
Good luck.
See you at Phillip island in 2017!! ( no drive days scheduled before end of this year
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:21 AM   #40
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the responses, really appreciate it!

I'll follow up with my sales person first as I did mention (and pass on) the email originally re. the vouchers being included. Car is officially on Australian soil as of this afternoon, so won't be much longer now! Just needs to get trucked down from Port Kembla to Melb.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 04:21 AM   #41
2er
Private
Rep

Hi Guys, as a result of following the advice on this thread, I was promised a drive day from both BMW Oz ( maybe Philip Isl ) and the dealership.

The dealership contacted me via email tonight about an upcoming drive day in October.

Never having been on one, does this mean you drive your car on the track - or theirs ?
Appreciate 1
koston37.00
      07-28-2016, 06:38 AM   #42
Vortexginge
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2er View Post
Hi Guys, as a result of following the advice on this thread, I was promised a drive day from both BMW Oz ( maybe Philip Isl ) and the dealership.

The dealership contacted me via email tonight about an upcoming drive day in October.

Never having been on one, does this mean you drive your car on the track - or theirs ?
You drive theirs....

125i ,235i,M2 and if your lucky M3/4
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #43
DanielGr
Private
Australia
Rep

Thought I posted in here last night but clearly forgot to press the 'post' button.

Picked up the car yesterday afternoon - went for a blast around Beaconsfield area as a couple of decent roads around there.

Confirmed I will be receiving the voucher for the full amount for the driving experience.

With delivery also received two key rings (one M carbon thingy and a std BMW one), M hat, umbrella and a thermos.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 02:47 AM   #44
2er
Private
Rep

^ BMW umbrellas are really good. Should have asked for one when I ordered my 2er
Appreciate 0