THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions F22 coding cheat sheet

03-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #1167
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vert_lover View Post
Time to start playing with my vert's brains, could someone PM me the link(s) please??
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 07:06 PM   #1168
Xenny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
I tried to get this working, but I could not get it to work on mine
darn, thanks for giving it a shot though
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #1169
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

I've searched for this, but I can't seem to find instructions on how to VO code enhanced Bluetooth. I'm gonna give coding a go tonight and wanted to give this one a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #1170
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I've searched for this, but I can't seem to find instructions on how to VO code enhanced Bluetooth. I'm gonna give coding a go tonight and wanted to give this one a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Step 1. Change FA from 6NH to 6NS:
E-Sys - How to change FA in F-series car.pdf
Step 2. VO Code Head Unit and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on Head Unit ECU (e.g. HU_NBT, HU_CIC, HU_CHAMP, HU_ENTRY, HU_ENTRYNAV, etc.) (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (Not Code FDL).
Repeat Step 2 above for and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present.

* Note: 6NS is used for newer Head Unit firmwares >= 07/13. For older Head Unit firmwares, use 6NK or 6NL if car is equipped with BMW Assist.
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #1171
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:
Step 1. Change FA from 6NH to 6NS:
E-Sys - How to change FA in F-series car.pdf
Step 2. VO Code Head Unit and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on Head Unit ECU (e.g. HU_NBT, HU_CIC, HU_CHAMP, HU_ENTRY, HU_ENTRYNAV, etc.) (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (Not Code FDL).
Repeat Step 2 above for and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present.

* Note: 6NS is used for newer Head Unit firmwares >= 07/13. For older Head Unit firmwares, use 6NK or 6NL if car is equipped with BMW Assist.
Thank you sir!

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #1172
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

First successful coding! I VO coded enhanced Bluetooth. I really couldn't tell a difference though. I reread the FA and checked it out in the FA editor. 6NS is there. The updated value is definitely there. I coded HU_ENTRYNAV. Oh well, I think I remember reading that it takes a bit for this to light up?

I did however enable speed and engine temp in BC which is pretty cool. I'll do more tomorrow.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #1173
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
First successful coding! I VO coded enhanced Bluetooth. I really couldn't tell a difference though. I reread the FA and checked it out in the FA editor. 6NS is there. The updated value is definitely there. I coded HU_ENTRYNAV. Oh well, I think I remember reading that it takes a bit for this to light up?

I did however enable speed and engine temp in BC which is pretty cool. I'll do more tomorrow.
You probably need to also code CMB_media cause you have the basic head unit "entry"

If you don't have the combox then it won't work as you don't really have the hardware

In HU_nbt for example everything is on the same time Ecu and there is no cmb_media

Should look something like this here in the trunk

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8#post14182448
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #1174
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero

You probably need to also code CMB_media cause you have the basic head unit "entry"

If you don't have the combox then it won't work as you don't really have the hardware

In HU_nbt for example everything is on the same time Ecu and there is no cmb_media

Should look something like this here in the trunk

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8#post14182448
Ah, okay. yeah, i didn't see the CMB_media ECU. :/ Oh well. That really wasn't something I cared too much about anyway.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #1175
Thebush121
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Still not seeing RFS for reverse lights. Also tried to code in rear fogs by following the pdf in the linked thread and no luck. It is a 2016 M235i with a Dec '15 build date.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...1071198&page=3
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #1176
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebush121 View Post
Still not seeing RFS for reverse lights. Also tried to code in rear fogs by following the pdf in the linked thread and no luck. It is a 2016 M235i with a Dec '15 build date.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...1071198&page=3
3061 LceOutputChannels

RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
RFS_L_IS_LED
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #1177
Thebush121
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
3061 LceOutputChannels

RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
RFS_L_IS_LED
Got it. I was looking under FEM_Body, not REM. This was the post I was following for that. Now to figure out the rear fog lights. Thanks again.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=524
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #1178
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebush121 View Post
Got it. I was looking under FEM_Body, not REM. This was the post I was following for that. Now to figure out the rear fog lights. Thanks again.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=524
Ah... yes everything for the front of the car is in FEM, everything for the rear is in REM
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:23 AM   #1179
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Cabriolet

Hi guys. I'm having some trouble coding my F22 with 6NS, and any help would be appreciated.

1) Successfully installed everything and able to connect

2) Followed shawnsheridan instructions here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=9

3) Received the following errors when coding "HU_ENTRY"

Code:
Caf's suchen
Tal wird generiert
Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started.
ExecutionID=2016/03/15-01:43:34.359
[] prepareTALExecution started
[] prepareTALExecution finished
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished
[HU_ENTRY - 63] prepareECUforCoding started
[HU_ENTRY - 63] prepareECUforCoding finished
[HU_ENTRY - 63] authenticateECUforCoding started
[HU_ENTRY - 63] authenticateECUforCoding finished
[HU_ENTRY - 63 - cafd_000000f9-007_009_006] Transaction type: cdDeploy;  Message: TA started
[HU_ENTRY - 63 - cafd_000000f9-007_009_006] Transaction type: cdDeploy;  Message: TA finished
[HU_ENTRY - 63] finalizeECUCoding started
[HU_ENTRY - 63] finalizeECUCoding finished
[] finalizeVehicleCoding started
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished
[] finalizeTALExecution started
[] finalizeTALExecution finished
TAL execution finished
TAL-Execution finished with status: "Finished". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "18s". [C206]
MSM update: Read current SVT. [C194]
MSM update started. [C215]
MCDDiagService<id=378649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromMSM, service=RC_GET_PARAMETER_N11 - RoutineControll GetParameter N11, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=MSM_ETHERNET>
MCDDiagService<id=398649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromCsmClients, service=RC_GET_PARAM_N11_CSM - RoutineControll GetParameter N11 CSM, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HU_ENTRY_63_ETHERNET>
MCDDiagService<id=398649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromCsmClients, service=RC_GET_PARAM_N11_CSM - RoutineControll GetParameter N11 CSM, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=CMB_MEDIA_36_ETHERNET>
MCDDiagService<id=378649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromMSM, service=RC_GET_PARAMETER_N11 - RoutineControll GetParameter N11, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=MSM_ETHERNET>
MCDDiagService<id=398649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromCsmClients, service=RC_GET_PARAM_N11_CSM - RoutineControll GetParameter N11 CSM, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HU_ENTRY_63_ETHERNET>
MCDDiagService<id=398649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromCsmClients, service=RC_GET_PARAM_N11_CSM - RoutineControll GetParameter N11 CSM, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=CMB_MEDIA_36_ETHERNET>
MSM update finished. [C216]
VCM Update: Write FA to VCM. [C188]
VCM Update: Write FP to VCM. [C190]
VCM Update: Read current SVT. [C191]
VCM Update: Check current SVT with TAL. [C192]
VCM Update: Write target SVT. [C193]
VCM Update: Write FA to backup. [C189]
VCM Update: finished. [C195]
Abarbeitung beendet

4) Received the following errors when coding "CMB_MEDIA"

Code:
Caf's suchen
Tal wird generiert
Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started.
ExecutionID=2016/03/15-01:45:00.488
[] prepareTALExecution started
[] prepareTALExecution finished
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] prepareECUforCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] prepareECUforCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] authenticateECUforCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] authenticateECUforCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36 - cafd_000005b6-004_002_017] Transaction type: cdDeploy;  Message: TA started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36 - cafd_000005b6-004_002_017] Transaction type: cdDeploy;  Message: TA finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] finalizeECUCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] finalizeECUCoding finished
[] finalizeVehicleCoding started
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished
[] finalizeTALExecution started
[] finalizeTALExecution finished
TAL execution finished
TAL-Execution finished with status: "Finished". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "6s". [C206]
MSM update: Read current SVT. [C194]
MSM update started. [C215]
MCDDiagService<id=398900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromCsmClients, service=RC_GET_PARAM_N11_CSM - RoutineControll GetParameter N11 CSM, description=error: timeout, link=Physical request to ECU with address 0x36>
MCDDiagService<id=398900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ReadF11DataFromCsmClients, service=RC_GET_PARAM_N11_CSM - RoutineControll GetParameter N11 CSM, description=error: timeout, link=Physical request to ECU with address 0x36>
[] There was an error, please check the log files.MSM update finished with error. [C217]

Error in MSM Update:
[] - [Exception - MSM - 10] Errors: TSL distribution failed due to an error: The following ECUs are missing from the TSL because they did not respond: 0x36; FsCSM with diagnostic address 0x36 reports error: error code: ERC_MSM_INVALID_TRANSPORT_LIST, specific error code: empty (F30 key exchange)Error during MSM update. [C214]
Errors: TSL distribution failed due to an error: The following ECUs are missing from the TSL because they did not respond: 0x36; FsCSM with diagnostic address 0x36 reports error: error code: ERC_MSM_INVALID_TRANSPORT_LIST, specific error code: empty (F30 key exchange) [1352]

VCM Update: Write FA to VCM. [C188]
VCM Update: Write FP to VCM. [C190]
VCM Update: Read current SVT. [C191]
VCM Update: Check current SVT with TAL. [C192]
VCM Update: Write target SVT. [C193]
VCM Update: Write FA to backup. [C189]
VCM Update: finished. [C195]
Abarbeitung beendet

I removed and paired my iPhone 6 again, still only seeing "Telephone" for the Bluetooth profiles (no "Audio" option).

I followed all the steps in the Youtube video for FDL coding as well including taking all the backups.

Also tried coding FDL under FEM_BODY (3110, open/close mirror with FOB) but that didn't work either. Code FDL happened without any errors but the mirrors are not closing or opening with the FOB.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 01:06 AM   #1180
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezilient View Post
Hi guys. I'm having some trouble coding my F22 with 6NS, and any help would be appreciated.
Got it working! When I started my car this morning I noticed that the "Office" option was there, which wasn't present before. So I knew something was flashed successfully. But I remove and paired my phone again but still wasn't seeing the "Audio" option when pairing.

Tonight I spent a bit more time digging into the Bluetooth settings and noticed something that I missed. In the "Configure Bluetooth" screen the options for "Bluetooth Audio", "Office" and "Additional Telephone" were not checked. These options were not available before. After checking these options I am now able to stream music from my phone. Pics below.

So apparently those "MCDDiagService" errors are insignificant because tonight I tried coding again and got them yet again.

Now time to do some FDL coding!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #1181
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezilient
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezilient View Post
Got it working! When I started my car this morning I noticed that the "Office" option was there, which wasn't present before. So I knew something was flashed successfully. But I remove and paired my phone again but still wasn't seeing the "Audio" option when pairing.

Tonight I spent a bit more time digging into the Bluetooth settings and noticed something that I missed. In the "Configure Bluetooth" screen the options for "Bluetooth Audio", "Office" and "Additional Telephone" were not checked. These options were not available before. After checking these options I am now able to stream music from my phone. Pics below.

So apparently those "MCDDiagService" errors are insignificant because tonight I tried coding again and got them yet again.

Now time to do some FDL coding!
Oh man, I forgot that I had to go turn these on. I thought that VO coding the EB didn't work. although, I still don't know what I've gained. I only have one phone and listen to podcasts. :/ Cool that it worked though.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #1182
R88
Anticipator
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F23 M235i

Hi, the default curb angle is set to 3B; is 2B steeper or less steep than 3B?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #1183
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R88 View Post
http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/he...imal-converter

3B = 59
2B = 43
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #1184
delvec03
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i Sport/ DSB

first successful coding yesterday!

#pumped
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #1185
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R88 View Post
What setting is this for? Hopefully hill assist. I'd like it to kick in on lesser grades than it's set to now.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #1186
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What setting is this for? Hopefully hill assist. I'd like it to kick in on lesser grades than it's set to now.
for the mirror dip when you set the car in reverse
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #1187
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
for the mirror dip when you set the car in reverse
dang it

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 06:38 PM   #1188
steffenme1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MCoupe

Tried my hand at coding today, thanks in big part to this thread and the knowledge contained within, so first off thanks to everyone who has has contributed, especially pikcachu.

I managed to code off the iDrive warning @ startup and remove ASD however... I can't seem to connect to the FEM_BODY module and get the following error.

Anyone run into this before?
Appreciate 0