THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Pure Turbos Stage II

10-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #23
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_spectref22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
Just asking if anyone else has gone to the higher end of upgrades for the F22 (N55) engine? I was looking at the Pure Turbos Stage II turbo upgrade. WIth everything I would need it would only set me back $3,550 and that is not bad when they posted numbers of 528 WHP and 495 WTQ.

https://topgearsolutions.com/bmw-m23...urbo-upgrades/

If anyone has gone this route or a similar upgrade to their F22 I would love to hear your feedback. I have already maxed out on the available Bolt-on AM mods for my car.
Thanks,
David
I have PS2 on my M235i. I'm also tunning fbo and an E30 mix. Currently got a stage 2H E30 octane tune as well from protuningfreaks
Epic what power is that ots map making?

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #24
jr_spectref22
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just asking if anyone else has gone to the higher end of upgrades for the F22 (N55) engine? I was looking at the Pure Turbos Stage II turbo upgrade. WIth everything I would need it would only set me back $3,550 and that is not bad when they posted numbers of 528 WHP and 495 WTQ.

If anyone has gone this route or a similar upgrade to their F22 I would love to hear your feedback. I have already maxed out on the available Bolt-on AM mods for my car.
Thanks,
David
I have PS2 on my M235i. I'm also tunning fbo and an E30 mix. Currently got a stage 2H E30 octane tune as well from protuningfreaks
I would say about 520
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #25
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
I would say about 520
Are you running any fueling mods such as meth pi or xdi? On the e30 map with stock turbo my hpfp is hovering around 1700 at 6k. The hpfp must freak out with that e30h map with a ps2?

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #26
jr_spectref22
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
I would say about 520
Are you running any fueling mods such as meth pi or xdi? On the e30 map with stock turbo my hpfp is hovering around 1700 at 6k. The hpfp must freak out with that e30h map with a ps2?
No fuel mods other than the fuel it LPFP. Looking into various HPFP at the moment from S55/B58, spool performance and xdi. So far no troubles at all
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 05:37 AM   #27
Jnat
DisplacementReplacement
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

A stock N55 HPFP can handle the fueling for a PS2 and Ethanol? I haven't read that? I thought to get that power level you'd need supplemental fueling which now a days seems to mean XDI...
2015 235XI FBO / MHD E30
2009 335XI FBO / COBB / E30
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #28
F1wheels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Pure Turbos Stage II

I have asked and have had numerous replies and that seems to be the consensus, that you MUST have the XDI-35 hpfp if you upgrade to the PS2 kit. But Jeff @ Top Gear Solutions says that is NOT true and you can run the Stage II turbo upgrade with just the Fuel-It Stage II kit, which is basically the factory pump replaced with a Walboro 450 and new lines and connectors.
The only question that I have yet to get an answer for is that, can you get away with the PS2 upgrade, Fuel-It Stage II and the PS2 OTS MAP that is available through MHD?
But, keep in mind there are two different boost levels, one @ 18 psi putting out around 455 WHP. Then there is the 23 psi set-up, which I personally feel needs a custom tune from Wedge Performance, also the upgraded hpfp to the XDI-35, which will get you around 525 WHP.
For some reason I have not been able to get anyone on this forum to confirm or deny this suggestion.
I myself (because of finances) was going to run the PS2 turbo kit, Fuel-It Stage II lpfp (already installed), and the OTS MAP by MHD for the Pure Turbo Stage II @ 18 psi.
Then when I can afford it I would finish it with the XDI-35 hpfp, Custom tune by Ken @ Wedge Performance for a 23 psi set-up. I will eventually get to where I am running water/meth injection. But, until then I am just running pump gas @ 92 octane. I really don't doubt that you can run the PS2 upgrade with the Pure Turbos Stage II OTS tune offered by MHD. I know when I switched over from the VF Engineering tune to my current MHD Stage II+ Tune, my car has run flawlessly!
It would be great if anyone knows for sure or who has actually gone this route?
Thanks,
David

Last edited by F1wheels; 10-14-2019 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #29
c-m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
I have asked and have had numerous replies and that seems to be the consensus, that you MUST have the XDI-35 hpfp if you upgrade to the PS2 kit. But Jeff @ Top Gear Solutions says that is NOT true and you can run the Stage II turbo upgrade with just the Fuel-It Stage II kit, which is basically the factory pump replaced with a Walboro 450 and new lines and connectors.
The only question that I have yet to get an answer for is that, can you get away with the PS2 upgrade, Fuel-It Stage II and the PS2 OTS MAP that is available through MHD?
But, keep in mind there are two different boost levels, one @ 18 psi putting out around 455 WHP. Then there is the 23 psi set-up, which I personally feel needs a custom tune from Wedge Performance, also the upgraded hpfp to the XDI-35, which will get you around 525 WHP.
For some reason I have not been able to get anyone on this forum to confirm or deny this suggestion.
I myself (because of finances) was going to run the PS2 turbo kit, Fuel-It Stage II lpfp (already installed), and the OTS MAP by MHD for the Pure Turbo Stage II @ 18 psi.
Then when I can afford it I would finish it with the XDI-35 hpfp, Custom tune by Ken @ Wedge Performance for a 23 psi set-up. I will eventually get to where I am running water/meth injection. But, until then I am just running pump gas @ 92 octane. I really don't doubt that you can run the PS2 upgrade with the Pure Turbos Stage II OTS tune offered by MHD. I know when I switched over from the VF Engineering tune to my current MHD Stage II+ Tune, my car has run flawlessly!
It would be great if anyone knows for sure or who has actually gone this route?
Thanks,
David
You can absolutely run the PS2 without upgraded fueling. There is a point where the stock pumps can’t keep up. Most people upgrade the LPFP and HPFP so they can max out the turbo, which is what I did. I’m running PS2, FBO, fuel-it stage 2 LPFP and XDI-60 HPFP. It’s fantastic. I’m currently on a 93 pump gas tune that hits peak boost around 22lbs. Going full E85 next spring and hope to max out at 550whp. The upgraded LPFP and HPFP allow for full E85 as well. Stock pumps can’t handle that. This is what I’ve gathered from researching over the past 5 months.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #30
F1wheels
Enlisted Member
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

Thanks,
It is nice to hear that factually from someone that has did it.
I could do it all at once but I don't really want to spend that extra $2k for the XDI-35. I already have the Fuel-It Stage II lpfp installed. It is basically the factory unit with all new hoses and connections with a Walboro 450 pump.
I figured that I would put the Go Fast Bits DV+ on the new turbo when I bought it as it's a hell of alot easier when the turbo is out of the car.
I planned to run around @ 18 psi for awhile then spend the $2k for the XDI-35 hpfp upgrade and have Ken @ Wedge Performance write a custom tune for it. My goal for the car is 500 WHP and 500 WTQ on 92 octane pump gas. I am pretty sure I can reach that once I upgrade my hpfp and get the custom tune for it. After that I will more than likely go to Water/Meth as 92 octane is as good as it gets out here in Washington!
What do you think?
Thanks,
David
      10-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #31
Jnat
DisplacementReplacement
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Great conversation and great feedback from someone who has the parts installed. With that said, we all read a lot and recently I read (from an installer/tuner) that our stock lpfp is not a restriction unless your looking for e100, it's just the hpfp. Who the """" knows, i'm gonna go with an upgraded turbo of some kind and a xdi 35/60, run e30-50 and call it a day. I can't find the 60 anywhere for sale btw. Or, maybe I'll up the ante and go 240xi B58 lol.
2015 235XI FBO / MHD E30
2009 335XI FBO / COBB / E30
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #32
c-m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnat View Post
Great conversation and great feedback from someone who has the parts installed. With that said, we all read a lot and recently I read (from an installer/tuner) that our stock lpfp is not a restriction unless your looking for e100, it's just the hpfp. Who the """" knows, i'm gonna go with an upgraded turbo of some kind and a xdi 35/60, run e30-50 and call it a day. I can't find the 60 anywhere for sale btw. Or, maybe I'll up the ante and go 240xi B58 lol.
I got mine from Gabe at TuningTechFS. He can hook you up with either the 35 or the 60. I’m pretty sure that I’ve maxed out the limit on 93. You’ll need some sort of E blend to hit that 500HP mark unless you add in the meth kit. Every car is different though.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #33
F1wheels
Enlisted Member
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-m View Post
I got mine from Gabe at TuningTechFS. He can hook you up with either the 35 or the 60. I’m pretty sure that I’ve maxed out the limit on 93. You’ll need some sort of E blend to hit that 500HP mark unless you add in the meth kit. Every car is different though.
Fortunately one of my good friends is the Service Manager of a local tuning shop that specializes in Porsche, Audi, VW, and BMW.
He also has a lift in his garage so he does all of the work to my car and at a very reasonable price. He makes his own custom one off, depending on the car, water/meth kits. When I say this guy is anal that is an understatement. This guys work is at least as good as OEM or better. The kits he makes go for around $1,500 plus the tank as he usually ends up always making a custom tank. His friend does all of the welding so Kelly will map one out a location 90% of the time in the trunk that will be the maximum size for the space they are using.
He also does 3D printing and eventually wants to be able to use one of those 3D laser scan guns and then he can render the model on his computer then actually print it out on the large 3D printer he has. I know I will definitely have him make my water/meth kit.