THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning m235i (manual) VRSF FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe, VRSF Downpipe installed (DIY links/tips)

10-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
N55guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Garage List
2014 BMW m235i  [0.00]
m235i (manual) VRSF FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe, VRSF Downpipe installed (DIY links/tips)

Finally got around to installing the BMS connect kit for my jb4, VRSF FMIC, chargepipe, and downpipe this weekend. Thank you to Mike at extreme powerhouse for getting me a great price on all this stuff and getting it to me quickly, and thank you to VRSF and BMS for providing all you do for this platform.

Quality of all the parts installed was exceptional, fitment was all spot on. I figured I'd post links to all the DIYs that helped me do this for all the DIYers on here. I am by no means a mechanic, just an avg Joe that enjoys messing around under hood.

Chargepipe/Intercooler DIY: Thank you to Mike@N54Tuning for this gem
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1151005

Removing the stock intercooler "retainer clip" to be the hardest thing, pretty much ended up prying it out with a flat head screw driver (it did not damage it). Squeezing the stock chargepipe out was also difficult. Loosening the coolant lines was recommended and I tried to do it without doing that and found it to be necessary to get it out in one piece. Installing the VRSF parts was a piece of cake. Did have to add a vacuum hose to the chargepipe, VRSF will be including that to future customers. Total time: 1.5 hours

Downpipe DIY: Thank you to cmkde for this one
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=970868

This was extremely straight forward and an extra set of hands help tremendously. I did not use a O2 sensor removal tool, I just used a standard 22mm wrench and it worked fine. On the stock downpipe there was a gasket on the exhaust side, DIY did not say anything about reusing it (I did). If I had to do it again I would get new V clamps, I think it would've made it that much easier. It was very easy to get it on the turbo side but on the exhaust side the V clamp was much harder to widen. Total time: 1.5 hours

Initial impressions:
My car already had jb4 on map 1 w/ fabspeed muffler bypass (removed BMS intake recently, tired of whooshing). These mods have made it FBO and I am now running map 2 w/ 93 oct.
The car is definitely LOUD on cold start, like I'm scared of waking up my 2 year old when I leave for work loud. Once it warms up the car it's not that bad, would prob be even better if my exhaust had a muffler. Smell is noticeable but tolerable. Pops and crackles.... uhh yeah amazing! But most importantly going from map 1 to map 2.... I'm loving that boost in power. Definitely worth it!

Videos to come...
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review!!

Waiting for vids

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you're enjoying your parts!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

VRSF 4" Downpipe vs stock

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0