THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning **WAGNER EVO II FMIC**GIVEAWAY From Top Gear Solutions*** More Details Inside!

02-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

**WAGNER EVO II FMIC**GIVEAWAY From Top Gear Solutions*** More Details Inside!

Hey!

If there is one thing about intercooler data, it's that most companies always compare their data to a stock intercooler. By no accident, it's not hard to show improvements compared to the anemic stock intercoolers on these cars.

So....How about some real unbiased data comparing actual competitors intercoolers though?! Dont you wish someone would just let you have an intercooler for free so you can see if it's truly better?

Well...its time to gather up some data on intercoolers. We are offering a FREE Wagner F30 / F32 Front Mount Intercooler.

Yes I said FREE!

There are only a few stipulations.

-US 48 Only

-You must currently have a competing aftermarket intercooler installed on your vehicle.

-You must currently have an aftermarket tune. (Downpipes optional)

-You must be willing to populate unbiased, controlled and systematic data of your current intercooler with intake air temp data and datalogs (Boost, WGDC, RPM, IAT, ETC).

-You must be willing to install the Wagner FMIC on the same day (or within reason to the closest temp/humidity) of the original intercooler data.

-We want a completely unbiased, controlled and systemic data of the Wagner FMIC and your competing intercooler.

-No tune changes

-Data from same road, same starting and end points, same temp/humidity, ETC.

I'd like to have SERIOUS Inquiries contact me via EMAIL (DO NOT PM ME). jeff@topgearsolutions.com SUBJECT: FREE WAGNER FMIC F30/F32/F22

I'd preferably like to choose someone who can get this data done in a reasonable amount of time (IE 1 week). I'd also like to choose someone who has possibly written reviews of products before with full, well thought out and comparative data. If you have previous threads you've created in the past on any platform to show as evidence that would be great.

If this would be your first review, not familiar with datalogging, dont know how to install the FMIC yourself or anything else that may interfere and/or slow down the data result, please hold off on emailing me at this time.

The chosen person will need to provide full payment up front of the intercooler as incentive to provide correct, unbiased and appropriate data.

We hope to let the results speak for themselves for whoever they favor.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 02-05-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2016, 02:05 AM   #2
ocN55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3

Why Wagner though, out of curiosity?

They're already known as a great alternative to the ER. If this offer was for a the new VRSF it would make more sense...
      02-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocN55 View Post

They're already known as a great alternative to the ER. If this offer was for a the new VRSF it would make more sense...
People are allowed to compare it to whatever intercooler they have. We are just looking for more data for the good of the community.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #4
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Too bad I still have my stock FMIC otherwise I'd do this.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #5
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

This is a good idea and a start but your right pitting one random FMIC against Wagner FMIC give little info when leaving out other potential players. I personally would like to see ER / VRSF / Dinan / Wagner and install differences. Although it is great that top gear is showing interest and taking steps in the right direction to gain more info. I could use this moving forward with my build.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocN55 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
People are allowed to compare it to whatever intercooler they have. We are just looking for more data for the good of the community.
I think it depends on which intercooler is offered ( Jeff said in another thread the intercooler is the EVO II COMP)

It does not make any sense to compare EVO II Comp to VRSF

EVO II Comp is a track intercooler more than anything else and the VRSF is a budget daily driver intercooler (VRSF is coming up with a bigger intercooler for track use)

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #7
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
This is a good idea and a start but your right pitting one random FMIC against Wagner FMIC give little info when leaving out other potential players. I personally would like to see ER / VRSF / Dinan / Wagner and install differences. Although it is great that top gear is showing interest and taking steps in the right direction to gain more info. I could use this moving forward with my build.
After following the 1 series and other 3 series platforms, I've yet to see anyone get a data sample including 3 or 4 of the most popular intercoolers at one time.

As you said though, this is a good starting point and the idea is to get unbiased data for the community.

It all comes down to someone stepping up and offering the intercooler and actually taking the time to compile the data.

Since we offered the intercooler for free, that takes out a lot of resistance most people have with compiling this kind of data.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Just to update we have chosen someone in the F3X forums and he should be getting some results in the next week or so. Stay tuned!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #9
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Just to update we have chosen someone in the F3X forums and he should be getting some results in the next week or so. Stay tuned!
Any updates on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Any updates on this?
User was having some problems with his car .. Did not want to install the Wagner FMIC and do the comparison before issues are fixed

He is working on it and we should hopefully have the comparison soon

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

^ What he said. He had some turbo issues and didn't want to do a comparison without having the car up to the task. It hopefully is sorted out sooner then later.

The good news is we were waiting for warmer temps anyway as testing in 30F ambients doesn't really show as much merit to the FMIC comparison test as something in the 70-80F range IMO.

Stay T00ned!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #12
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions
^ What he said. He had some turbo issues and didn't want to do a comparison without having the car up to the task. It hopefully is sorted out sooner then later.

The good news is we were waiting for warmer temps anyway as testing in 30F ambients doesn't really show as much merit to the FMIC comparison test as something in the 70-80F range IMO.

Stay T00ned!
Any updates...? Im in need of a FMIC and charge pipe. This comparison could help me ..
Appreciate 0