THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Import issues on Idrive for music

07-14-2021, 07:40 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

Import issues on Idrive for music

***RESOLVED***

very weird problem,

I tried importinng music to the idrive, which I can, however, the music and folders dont tally, let me explain.

After checking available space it says 93% available. Using MP3's and using a 16gig USB

so as an example I have 9 folders but an example below

swing= 6 tracks
breakbeat= 25
hiphop=87

BUT when I try to look at the USB drive or the media imported it shows

swing= 3 tracks
breakbeat= 16
hiphop=50

I can see all 9 folders but NONE of them have imported fully, when I put the USB back on my laptop can see all the folders and every single file.

Using win7, usb is FAT32

Last edited by nazali; 07-14-2021 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

got it, after much playing,
it seems that if you look up the properties in windows of the song, "IF" under the "TITLE" it says no title, then it wont import... !

so you need to put a title in the title metadata, copy and paste for it to import

I compared one of the folders, and all the songs were the same but the missing ones had no title in the properties

Balls, how does that suck

my old idrive was fine,it just said "NO TITLE" under the song
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:14 PM   #3
surge98
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW m240i

I have a mix of albums in FLAC format, and a single folder of loose mp3 files. I use the ID3 tags for the albums, those were set when I ripped the files from CD. It helps keep everything organized by album and also shows the artwork.

For the mp3 folder, I removed the metadata information from all of the files using a free program called ID3 Remover. All the files import, it just lists the file name in IDrive instead of showing the metadata information. So rather than add the missing information to every file, you might try removing it instead.
Appreciate 1
nazali1295.00
      07-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #4
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

thanks

I've also found that the tracks are not exactly alphabetical, it' will go alphabetical for a while then do it's own stuff

Annoying, my old idrive was just plug and play, I organised all my stuff on laptop copy to usb, then import, never had to worry about changing file properties, lucky I'm still only missing a file or 2, which is liveable, very, glitchy, In this day and age, it should be a lot better, unable to rename files, move files or anything, have to delete and re-import
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

I might try that, but I want my tracks in folders, i.e. soul, hip hop reggae, instead of all in one basket

but maybe I'll make a dummy copy and remove all meta data and see what happen
Appreciate 0