THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics harmon kardon question

04-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #155
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Spoke with dealer, he confirmed that BMWNA contacted him and I will be getting a check for $350.
nice~ id be putting mine towards the m exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #156
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Spoke with dealer, he confirmed that BMWNA contacted him and I will be getting a check for $350.
Ditto for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #157
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

$350 seems fair and not bad for 5 minutes sending an email and taking one phone call from them. Many thanks to everyone for the help, I'm sure had we all not bitched we wouldn't be getting such a positive result.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #158
modeboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp / HS / DCT

I got a call from BMWNA today to discuss, but missed the call. I hope to hear from them tomorrow and will confirm what they tell me.

JB
      04-02-2014, 05:36 AM   #159
Areutalkingtome
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

My case finally got elevated to another person, hopefully this gets resolved ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #160
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

Anyone in the UK had this issue resolved through BMWUK? BMWNA won't help me, even though my car is US spec and I'm US military. Something about the car being overseas with me and the car not being serviced in the US. I doubt BMWUK will help, but worth a try.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #161
darcivic00si
Save the manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora S

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa View Post
Anyone in the UK had this issue resolved through BMWUK? BMWNA won't help me, even though my car is US spec and I'm US military. Something about the car being overseas with me and the car not being serviced in the US. I doubt BMWUK will help, but worth a try.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking would happen with our cars. They are not a part of the BMWNA system until we bring them back home. At least we got a great discount compared to most on here and no tax until you bring it home if your state requires.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #162
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcivic00si View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking would happen with our cars. They are not a part of the BMWNA system until we bring them back home. At least we got a great discount compared to most on here and no tax until you bring it home if your state requires.
That's true, I've brought it up to Steve as well, he's getting with his HQ to see if they can remedy it. Also, on a side note, cars should get on a truck from Germany on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #163
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcivic00si View Post
That's true, I've brought it up to Steve as well, he's getting with his HQ to see if they can remedy it. Also, on a side note, cars should get on a truck from Germany on Monday.
Truck from Germany ? Darn my car will NEVER get here
      04-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #164
jeffclev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i, 2018 X5

Just talked to BMW NA. they are scaling on a $ per watt basis, so the 360 watt system is $525 and I get a $350 dealer credit, up to 4 weeks to process.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 02:26 AM   #165
darcivic00si
Save the manuals!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
Yes, our cars are getting trucked from Germany to the UK. They literally drive them here using the Eurotunnel which goes under the water. Vehicles drive right onto the Eurotunnel shuttles and get shuttled across. If I remember correctly it only takes like 35 minutes to cross the English Channel.

Last edited by darcivic00si; 04-03-2014 at 02:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #166
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Just got word that I'm also getting a check for $350 within several weeks. The funds would get disbursed to the dealer and I would get a check from the dealer.

Awesome news. I was a little nervous about this since my vehicle had still not entered production and I could have technically changed my build.

Last edited by five3three; 04-03-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #167
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Just got work that I'm also getting a check for $350 within several weeks. The funds would get disbursed to the dealer and I would get a check from the dealer.

Awesome news. I was a little nervous about this since my vehicle had still not entered production and I could have technically changed my build.
Just FYI for others, I tried to change something on my build perhaps 2 weeks before it entered production and was told it was too late. So I don't believe entering production is the cutoff for technically being able to switch out of HK. From the convo I had with BMW NA it sounded much more like the cutoff would be ordered before / after the website was updated to correct system specs.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #168
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just FYI for others, I tried to change something on my build perhaps 2 weeks before it entered production and was told it was too late. So I don't believe entering production is the cutoff for technically being able to switch out of HK. From the convo I had with BMW NA it sounded much more like the cutoff would be ordered before / after the website was updated to correct system specs.
Agreed. There's a certain point after which you can't make any changes before it hits production when your vehicle status code changes which can happen right before it hits production or a little in advance. I just made my last change about 2 weeks ago and I know others who have made changes within the 2 week period so it just depends I guess.

At the documented stage, you can make any changes you want. Once it is scheduled for production, it is a tossup whether any changes can be made. I'm about 5 weeks before my pickup date and still haven't gotten scheduled for production so I'm pretty sure I can still make some changes.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #169
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcivic00si
Quote:
Yes, our cars are getting trucked from Germany to the UK. They literally drive them here using the Eurotunnel which goes under the water. Vehicles drive right onto the Eurotunnel shuttles and get shuttled across. If I remember correctly it only takes like 35 minutes to cross the English Channel.
My apologies Did not pick up on the UK location. I'm jealous. Going to take forever for my car to arrive here in the colonies by ship.
      04-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #170
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My apologies Did not pick up on the UK location. I'm jealous. Going to take forever for my car to arrive here in the colonies by ship.
I think your car would take quite a bit longer if they tried to truck it over to the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #171
darcivic00si
Save the manuals!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well if it helps we ordered our cars on Jan 21st/22nd and still don't have them yet!! The military sales slots don't seem to be a priority. Once they get here we still have to wait for the UK registration to go through which supposedly takes a few weeks!

We are still waiting to hear back from the US military sales headquarters about the HK issue. Since our cars are US spec, hopefully we get $350 like the other US folks.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #172
Boneman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i alpine white on black

Garage List
2014 m235i  [9.00]
2014 m235i  [0.00]
My car is four days old and I have the HK system. Sent e-mail today to BMWNA. Has anyone tried to get them to put the correct system in the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #173
Areutalkingtome
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

I have been having a weird issue with BMW Customer Relations regarding the HK fiasco.

I sent them an email regarding this issue 2 weeks ago and never heard back. I have since called 3 times and each time I call they have to update my contact info because somehow my phone number and address in their system are incorrect. Finally today I got to speak to someone who is escalating this (again, apparently the previous escalation and emails magically disappearing from their system) even further to get it resolved and get my check cut...

Ill gladly take the money, but Id rather have the 16/600 as was originally advertised.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #174
darcivic00si
Save the manuals!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areutalkingtome View Post
I have been having a weird issue with BMW Customer Relations regarding the HK fiasco.

I sent them an email regarding this issue 2 weeks ago and never heard back. I have since called 3 times and each time I call they have to update my contact info because somehow my phone number and address in their system are incorrect. Finally today I got to speak to someone who is escalating this (again, apparently the previous escalation and emails magically disappearing from their system) even further to get it resolved and get my check cut...

Ill gladly take the money, but Id rather have the 16/600 as was originally advertised.
Yeah, same here. I would prefer to get the full HK system vs the credit. But that does not seem to be offered.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #175
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman View Post
My car is four days old and I have the HK system. Sent e-mail today to BMWNA. Has anyone tried to get them to put the correct system in the car?
That's not possible. The car is not set up for 16 speakers so not sure where you want them to put the speakers. 16 is for four doors.

For those worried about not hearing back quickly, it took over 2 weeks and I didn't get a confirmation for my email and then out of nowhere it gets assigned to someone and I get a phone call from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #176
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
That's not possible. The car is not set up for 16 speakers so not sure where you want them to put the speakers. 16 is for four doors.

For those worried about not hearing back quickly, it took over 2 weeks and I didn't get a confirmation for my email and then out of nowhere it gets assigned to someone and I get a phone call from them.
yea, every time i called bmwna every person would tell me different things. I called about two weeks ago regarding the HK and told me to wait for my car to get here first. Decided to call back after seeing people updating the situation and turns out they're cutting out a check for me too.

try calling them now because they have a bulliton regarding this issue. they'll transfer you to customer relations and they will call you're dealership to see if you did get the premium sound before the update.

Last edited by kerm1t; 04-05-2014 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 0