THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Higher mileage m240I keep extended warranty or not?

08-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #23
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo_fife-ate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo_fife-ate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
water pumps are pretty much the same on all cars F30 etc... so I would think there is not much difference between 235 240
Thinking there isn't a difference and actual failure of those parts is not the same. Question is if the m240's have these issues? I haven't seen much postings in that regard. So I'm interested if your post is just an opinion, or based upon fact?

I'm just about 10k (miles) on a 2020, so it's interesting to assume I'm 1/5 of the way through until serious maintenance...

Regards
I was thinking the same thing. Although I appreciate the insight, 60-70k miles for a water pump would be severe enough that I think bmw would have done a recall by now… otherwise my car is a ticking time bomb. I'd say he might be inflating it a bit but I'll still pay close attention to it from now on.
It's not that all will fail at 60-70k maybe 20-30%. But for $300 I rather not take a chance and get stranded

You might get to 100k with no issues. Charge pipes blow up all the time on the N55s and BMW never did any recall 🤷🏼*♂️
Also, since I plan on tuning the b58 in my car, would upgrading my charge pipe be wise? Which would you recommend?
B58 has no charge pipe issues, so I wouldn't bother
Appreciate 1
jb_s65m20.50