THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum New Owner TPS & Splitter Advice

04-25-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
VasWander
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i 6MT Perf Edition

New Owner TPS & Splitter Advice

My mechanical pressure gauge (two of them) reads 3 Lbs below what my TPS indicates? Which one should I go by? Running 19" wheels with new runflats so want best protection possible.

Issue two: Brand new 2018 M240i Performance Edition and wood falls off truck cracked painted front splitter. Getting repaired in 4 weeks any pictures of alternative paint choices or should I save a few bucks and leave it black plastic for easy replacement next time it happens?

Appreciate advice thanks all!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 11:58 PM   #2
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasWander View Post
My mechanical pressure gauge (two of them) reads 3 Lbs below what my TPS indicates? Which one should I go by? Running 19" wheels with new runflats so want best protection possible.

Issue two: Brand new 2018 M240i Performance Edition and wood falls off truck cracked painted front splitter. Getting repaired in 4 weeks any pictures of alternative paint choices or should I save a few bucks and leave it black plastic for easy replacement next time it happens?

Appreciate advice thanks all!
Every pressure gauge varies by a pound or two, take your pick on which one is "accurate."

I loved the M Performance splitter but after I had to replace my third one in two years, I had gave up on it.

It was too low for daily driving and would scrapes everything; from drive-tru, banks and speed bumps, etc. I cringed every time I approached anything with a 3 inch incline.

Staying stock does give you that peace of mind verses style. It's up to you if you don't mind the high-maintenance.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=21821793

Anyways, here's a funky contrast you might consider:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
VasWander
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for reply and advice. I'm starting to think this could become a regular occurance insurance estimate came in at $1650 and I see splitter online $400.00 so next time fix myself and experiment colors nice red btw
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

I've found the TPMS sensors, across three sets of sensors on different sets of wheels, to be within a pound of my pressure gauges. That's twelve different sensors. Four different gauges, with four different technologies, including a fluid damped Intercomp gauge.

Two pounds sounds a bit off, especially on all four sensors. Across all sensors in a set, I'm usually +/- 0.5 pounds max. I have found the temp to be 2-3 degrees off between sensors, but the pressures always seem to be amazingly accurate. Having all four sensors read the same for you, and all be off by the same amount from your gauge, seems to point to the gauge being off.

What kind of gauges are you using? What else have you compared them to?

p.s., bummer on that wood chip in your splitter. But look at the bright side, at least it didn't go a inch or two higher/deeper and put a hole in your intercooler or one of the oil coolers.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 12:58 AM   #5
VasWander
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for reply. I figured out that it is my $50.00 ARB gauge / air attachment tool that is in fact off so much. Scary to learn I've been running my motorcycle tires low for years now. My cheap Ryobi and unknown brand others are actually more accurate as I always trusted the ARB. Anyhow thanks for info on TPMS sensors; I would get rid of the runflats but car is brand new and plan to sell in perfect condition at 30K miles & buy used M2 Comp.

Last edited by VasWander; 05-02-2019 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0