THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 2020 M240i Exhaust

02-24-2019, 11:11 PM   #1
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

2020 M240i Exhaust

I have driven an M235i for the past 4 years and have been very happy with the vehicle. Only major mod was moving to a “square” wheel and tire set up (summer performance tire and snows in winter). Car is a daily driver though I like to go to the track to drive fast (no competitions) in a safe setting. I now have a 2020 M240i on order. We don't know what port-installed options are available yet.

The purpose of this email is to seek opinions on exhaust alternatives. I have searched/scoured the various exhaust threads and founds lots of useful information. I would like to get the latest thinking, especially for a M240i with the B58 engine.

Objectives

Sound. Want improved and a little louder sound, but not too loud.

Power. Would like to improve HP & torque, if only a little.

Tune. Would like to be compatible with a tune if I decide to do that.

Fit. Want stock fit with no modifications required.

Cost. Always a consideration.

Questions

Alternatives. I am considering: MPE Exhaust, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Downpipe either with or without Dinan or other (even stock) exhaust. Recommendations on these given objectives? Am I missing any strong alternatives?

Sport Cat. I have a FabSpeed for my M235i that I never installed. I assume this will not work with the B58 engine, correct? Other sport cat recommendations? We have emissions testing every few years here in WA state, so needs to pass that test.

Diffuser. Thoughts on the M or other diffusers? Can these be installed without removing the rear bumper and still get a clean, minimal gap look? Will all of the alternatives mentioned above work with the M diffuser.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

Sorry, posted in wrong section

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
I have driven an M235i for the past 4 years and have been very happy with the vehicle. Only major mod was moving to a “square” wheel and tire set up (summer performance tire and snows in winter). Car is a daily driver though I like to go to the track to drive fast (no competitions) in a safe setting. I now have a 2020 M240i on order. We don't know what port-installed options are available yet.

The purpose of this email is to seek opinions on exhaust alternatives. I have searched/scoured the various exhaust threads and founds lots of useful information. I would like to get the latest thinking, especially for a M240i with the B58 engine.

Objectives

Sound. Want improved and a little louder sound, but not too loud.

Power. Would like to improve HP & torque, if only a little.

Tune. Would like to be compatible with a tune if I decide to do that.

Fit. Want stock fit with no modifications required.

Cost. Always a consideration.

Questions

Alternatives. I am considering: MPE Exhaust, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Downpipe either with or without Dinan or other (even stock) exhaust. Recommendations on these given objectives? Am I missing any strong alternatives?

Sport Cat. I have a FabSpeed for my M235i that I never installed. I assume this will not work with the B58 engine, correct? Other sport cat recommendations? We have emissions testing every few years here in WA state, so needs to pass that test.

Diffuser. Thoughts on the M or other diffusers? Can these be installed without removing the rear bumper and still get a clean, minimal gap look? Will all of the alternatives mentioned above work with the M diffuser.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.
Sorry, posted in wrong section
Appreciate 0