THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum WOW! I just installed the Remus Responder !

01-22-2019, 08:31 PM   #45
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing your experience OP

The REMUS responder is one of our most popular products

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #46
tyler.genter
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

I have one for sale if anyone is interested
      02-20-2019, 12:25 AM   #47
Rocky58
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience OP

The REMUS responder is one of our most popular products

Care to share what the units are for the y axis “response characteristic” are, and how they are defined and measured?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #48
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky58 View Post
Care to share what the units are for the y axis “response characteristic” are, and how they are defined and measured?
X= how much you are pressing on the gas pedal
Y= How much power you are getting

notice at the end power and pedal will meet at 100% so max power is the same with or without the responder

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #49
Rocky58
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
X= how much you are pressing on the gas pedal
Y= How much power you are getting

notice at the end power and pedal will meet at 100% so max power is the same with or without the responder
How do you measure the "power" for each distance of gas pedal travel? I am repeating the question, what are the units and how are they measured? Saying power is the same as saying response - it still does not explain exactly how you are obtaining the numbers plotted on the Y axis.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #50
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How do you measure the "power" for each distance of gas pedal travel? I am repeating the question, what are the units and how are they measured? Saying power is the same as saying response - it still does not explain exactly how you are obtaining the numbers plotted on the Y axis.
No one is measuring power, you are not reading the graph correctly.

The units are percentage of the input.

Google cobb linear vs full throttle , its the same concept and might explain it better than this graph.

Distance to the gas pedal = gas pedal input with 0% meaning you are not touching the gas pedal and 100% being wide open throttle (WOT)

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 02-20-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #51
Rocky58
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Google cobb linear vs full throttle , its the same concept and might explain it better than this graph.

Distance to the gas pedal = gas pedal input with 0% meaning you are not touching the gas pedal and 100% being wide open throttle (WOT)
You stated "Y= How much power you are getting". Then you state that no one is measuring power. That means you cannot tell me how the values for this graph are obtained. When one plots a graph of Y versus X, there has to be data that correlates each Y value with each X value. My question is simple and is just how you are generating this graph. When you display a graph, you should be able to say how you got the numbers. I understand the concept of nonlinear responses. I am not disputing that your device can change the throttle response and that you may get more "power" earlier for each distance of gas pedal travel. I just want to know how you generated this graph. Something had to be measured for you to present this graph. How did you do that? I am not challenging that your device does what you say it does. I am just allergic to "data" that has no units and their source cannot be provided.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #52
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
You stated "Y= How much power you are getting". Then you state that no one is measuring power. That means you cannot tell me how the values for this graph are obtained. When one plots a graph of Y versus X, there has to be data that correlates each Y value with each X value. My question is simple and is just how you are generating this graph. When you display a graph, you should be able to say how you got the numbers. I understand the concept of nonlinear responses. I am not disputing that your device can change the throttle response and that you may get more "power" earlier for each distance of gas pedal travel. I just want to know how you generated this graph. Something had to be measured for you to present this graph. How did you do that? I am not challenging that your device does what you say it does. I am just allergic to "data" that has no units and their source cannot be provided.
Mike nor his company generated the graph. It's obviously by the manufacturer, Remus, as shown at the top of the graph. Maybe reaching out to them would be the right way to go about obtaining the information you seek.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #53
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Here is an example of the graph

At 50 % gas pedal , that's your x axis .
This means you have the gas pedal half way

On stock your engine would be operating at 50% output that's your Y axis

On Remus green graph at the same gas pedal position you are getting 70% output

On Remus red still same gas pedal position you are getting 80% output

Hope this explains it

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #54
1/2M
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Hi does this affect warranty or show any cel? Any knows issues from people using it?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 11:11 PM   #55
1/2M
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler.genter View Post
I have one for sale if anyone is interested
Hi how much and why you sell it?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #56
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2M View Post
Hi does this affect warranty or show any cel? Any knows issues from people using it?
No it does not.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #57
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Any use of non-OEM/aftermarket components has the potential to void a warranty claim. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the manufacturer has to demonstrate a nexus between the change you made and the failure. For example, a powertrain modification could not be the basis to deny warranty for a broken window regulator. However, if you had an issue related to engine electronics, throttle, etc. (don't know what it might possibly be, but just making the point clear), and they could determine that some non-BMW part had been used, BMWNA would be within the law to deny a warranty claim for that event.

These are calculated risks. For example, I've installed a new charge pipe and intercooler, balancing risks and benefits. Everyone will find their own comfort level.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #58
1/2M
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
No it does not.

Any risk of messing anything up during installation?
Tnx
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #59
1/2M
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Any use of non-OEM/aftermarket components has the potential to void a warranty claim. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the manufacturer has to demonstrate a nexus between the change you made and the failure. For example, a powertrain modification could not be the basis to deny warranty for a broken window regulator. However, if you had an issue related to engine electronics, throttle, etc. (don't know what it might possibly be, but just making the point clear), and they could determine that some non-BMW part had been used, BMWNA would be within the law to deny a warranty claim for that event.

These are calculated risks. For example, I've installed a new charge pipe and intercooler, balancing risks and benefits. Everyone will find their own comfort level.

Thanks for the answer 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 07:37 AM   #60
tyler.genter
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi how much and why you sell it?
Just decided it wasn't for me honestly plus with my meth kit activating at WOT it was messing up the sensor to activate the flow due to the change in pedal response from the Remus.

I would let it go for $175+shipping. If you are interested, let me know.
      02-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #61
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
No it does not.

Any risk of messing anything up during installation?
Tnx
Nope, it's very simple. Just go back to the first page and I wrote everything you need to know to install it, including some pics for reference.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #62
Cb17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler.genter View Post
Just decided it wasn't for me honestly plus with my meth kit activating at WOT it was messing up the sensor to activate the flow due to the change in pedal response from the Remus.

I would let it go for $175+shipping. If you are interested, let me know.
Is this still up for sale?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 01:26 PM   #63
tyler.genter
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb17 View Post
Is this still up for sale?
Yeah still for sale, if you are interested PM me please