THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics F30 bavsound stage 1 for F22?

02-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

F30 bavsound stage 1 for F22?

Hi,

I picked up a slightly used set of Bavsound stage 1 for F30 HK with ghost subs on 2Addicts.

I was wondering though if anyone could be kind enough to help me with a question about compatibility?

Details:
I have an M235i with HK, I assumed same sound system as REALOEM.com showed both platform use the same speakers in the doors, center channel, read deck, & under-seat.

I installed the f30 bavsoud speakers and it sounds rather amazing! But, after installing I took a moment and considered some of the challenges I faced (initially just chalked it up to my own amateur skills) and it suddenly dawned on me, maybe these two systems are not even compatible?

Challenges:
The woofers were not a perfect fit, there was too much gap when screwing in, almost like a spacer or gasket or something was needed. I used extra foam gasketing. The front-center channel speaker was also too big and made contact on the bottom so I raise it up with extra foam gaskets to make it fit.

It sounds pretty damn good, but honestly Im a total noob to audio systems, so I guess Im easy to please.

Question:
Anyone actually know how the f30 bavsound system differs from the f22?

(yes, I spent a good amount of time on bavsound.com and learned nothing of consequence as there aren't very detailed descriptions. On the surface, they appear the same exact size though for f30 & f22 on their site.)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I moved some stuff from my 2-series to 3-series. I was told by Bavsound that the speakers are NOT interchangeable. Ghosts yes, speakers they told me no.

Your Ghosts should be fine if sealed properly, send them a note and ask them what to use. They will send you a link to Amazon with the product to buy. Ditch the center entirely you don't need it. Mids and tweeters you need to double check with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #3
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I moved some stuff from my 2-series to 3-series. I was told by Bavsound that the speakers are NOT interchangeable. Ghosts yes, speakers they told me no.

Your Ghosts should be fine if sealed properly, send them a note and ask them what to use. They will send you a link to Amazon with the product to buy. Ditch the center entirely you don't need it. Mids and tweeters you need to double check with them.
Yeah, upon a ton of internet searching, I think I located pictures that show the the magnets for the F30 setup are quite a bit larger. I couldn't confirm though, if that's because the F22 they were comparing it too was just the HiFi and not the HK.
Thanks for chiming in though, really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0