THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Any experience with Vogtland coilovers?

12-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

http://www.**********s.com/vogtland-bmw-f22-m235i-228i-coilovers.htm

$849 seems pretty cheap for a coilover set up but Vogtland seems to get pretty good reviews from the Audi/VW circle. I've yet to meet anyone that runs Vogtland springs or coilovers on a BMW. Anyone here have any experience with them? I want to get coilovers for street, no tracking.

**edit - link doesn't seem to be working but here's a screenshot. They are not a sponsor here so I cropped the company name off.
Attached Images

Last edited by hwntime; 12-18-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #2
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

This kit doesn't offer camber plates - will you be installing a set of those, too? Do you know how many clicks of adjustment the struts and shocks offer - any idea what the spring rates are, or if you have a choice of spring rates?

I don't have experience with this brand, but do with other brands' street-oriented and motorsport-level coilover kits.

That experience can be summarized by saying that you get what you pay for in terms of the quality of the valving, which has everything to do with how well the struts and shocks are able to control the springs. The primary feature of coilovers in the $850 price range is that they offer the opportunity to lower the car exactly the way you want it. The ride may or may not be to your liking - that's very much an individual thing, and unless you can get a test ride in a car like yours with the kit installed, you have to install and adjust the kit to see what you think.

"Equipped with compression and rebound settings that are great at the track yet comfortable enough for the street..."

I know that you're not planning to now, but if you decide later that you do want to track the car, I wouldn't put much stock in the "great at the track" part - at this price point, that's just marketing noise. As always, my 2¢, and YMMV.

Last edited by dradernh; 12-18-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
hwntime270.00
      12-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
This kit doesn't offer camber plates - will you be installing a set of those, too? Do you know how many clicks of adjustment the struts and shocks offer - any idea what the spring rates are, or if you have a choice of spring rates?

I don't have experience with this brand, but do with other brands' street-oriented and motorsport-level coilover kits.

That experience can be summarized by saying that you get what you pay for in terms of the quality of the valving, which has everything to do with how well the struts and shocks are able to control the springs. The primary feature of coilovers in the $850 price range is that they offer the opportunity to lower the car exactly the way you want it. The ride may or may not be to your liking - that's very much an individual thing, and unless you can get a test ride in a car like yours with the kit installed, you have to install and adjust the kit to see what you think.

"Equipped with compression and rebound settings that are great at the track yet comfortable enough for the street..."

I know that you're not planning to now, but if you decide later that you do want to track the car, I wouldn't put much stock in the "great at the track" part - at this price point, that's just marketing noise. As always, my 2¢, and YMMV.
I didn't see that it didn't come with camber plates which would explain the low cost lol
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
Pat_335D
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post

I didn't see that it didn't come with camber plates which would explain the low cost lol
I have their springs and I have no complaints
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
MichalM240i
First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: M8

I had their spring for about 3 months. Now I have Eibachs for 8 months with no issue.
Vogtland:
- sat about 1cm lower then claimed
- ride qualty was crap
- driver's side sat about 0.5cm lower after 2 months (not because my weight lol)

I know I had springs and not coils, but think twice before buying these.
Appreciate 1
hwntime270.00