THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Heated seats coding

01-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
hithisisdd
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i xDrive Conv

Smile Heated seats coding

Hi folks,

Excited to be here. I just got a 2018 M240i xdrive in the US. Have a few questions. What is the best way/app to do some changes.

1. Turn seat belt alarm off.
2. Turn active sound off.
3. Turn on heated seats and heated steering automatically when I press unlock button on my key remote.
4. Can I get a remote starter installed on the car? I live in Ohio and want this installed.
5. Do these changes affect warranty? Any car modification affects warranty or only some of them.

Can I do these changes myself with the Carly bmw app? Or should I get my car to a dealer? Or some other knowledgeable BMW guy?

I am a BMW enthusiast but by no means a "car guy". I haven't modified any cars on my own before.

Thank you,

Dan
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hithisisdd View Post
Hi folks,

Excited to be here. I just got a 2018 M240i xdrive in the US. Have a few questions. What is the best way/app to do some changes.

1. Turn seat belt alarm off.
2. Turn active sound off.
3. Turn on heated seats and heated steering automatically when I press unlock button on my key remote.
4. Can I get a remote starter installed on the car? I live in Ohio and want this installed.
5. Do these changes affect warranty? Any car modification affects warranty or only some of them.

Can I do these changes myself with the Carly bmw app? Or should I get my car to a dealer? Or some other knowledgeable BMW guy?

I am a BMW enthusiast but by no means a "car guy". I haven't modified any cars on my own before.

Thank you,

Dan
BimmerCode for the first two if you don't want to spend a lot of money. It's a very easy app to use and it'll cost you around $50-$60 with the adapter. I'm not too sure about the heated seats as I don't recall seeing it on the app but there are many other options available like lights, tails, locks, ASD, comfort access, etc. so it's well worth the money.

I'm pretty sure you can't add remote start while still keeping the use of your OEM FOB. I'm sure there is a way to add it though but I don't recall seeing anyone do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240Xi Estoril Blue

Another shoutout for Bimmercode. I've coded so many things in my car. To the point that everyone at the dealership asks me how I did those cool things. My favorite things were turning off the seatbelt sounds and nav screen disclaimer at start up. Now I just have the animated M logo. I brightened the day time halos, turned off the horn double honk sound when locking with car running, turned of the fake engine sound (ASD), I can raise/lower the windows/sunroof with the key fob, and have the mirrors fold when locking with comfort access. Also, I unlocked DVD's at any speed. Not the safest thing to to, but now the wife can watch movies with surround sound on road trips while I drive.

I went with the vgate 2 WiFi OBD adapter. 1 year later, and I still works great. I also use it with the iPhone OBD Fusion app so I can monitor parameters that aren't able to be displayed. Like engine and oil temp.

Bimmercode has options to code values/temps for the 3 seat heater settings, but I haven't seen anything in regards to automatically turning that on at start up.

I'm sure some custom competent coder could figure it out. I just wouldn't want that active in the summer.
Appreciate 1