THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes PFC 08 and 11 track pads just released for the F2x 2 series

02-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

PFC 08 and 11 track pads just released for the F2x 2 series

Performance Friction Pads Now Available for ALL New BMW M Sport Applications Including the F2x 2 series!

BMW M Sport Pads

NEW M Sport Factory Calipers are Now Available on Over 100 New BMW Models!

Both pad shapes are available in 08 & 11 Compounds.

11 & 08 Compound Descriptions

PFC11 Compound

A new generation sprint and medium distance friction - the ultimate in control, with superior disc conditioning. Developed from 01 compound with improved bite, modulation, and release characteristics. It is ultra smooth and developed to reduce wheel locking at the end of a stop while giving more cold and hot bite than the endurance oriented 08 compound. Brake with confidence-brake with ultimate control and modulation.

PFC08 Compound

One of PFC's most popular compounds which came to fame in Endurance Sportscar and GT racing due to its performance in applications where smooth initial bite is a must. 08 has a slight friction rise with temperature, excellent release and modulation characteristics. Despite its considerable performance, 08 has the lowest wear rate of all PFC compounds and can easily match the wear characteristics of the other competitor's materials but with much higher bite and consistent performance across a broad temperature range.
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 02-15-2017 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

PFC-08 = best endurance pad I've ever used. Good to know you guys have them as well.

D

Edit: Also the OEM pad used in the 991 GT3 (afaik)
      02-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
PFC-08 = best endurance pad I've ever used. Good to know you guys have them as well.

D

Edit: Also the OEM pad used in the 991 GT3 (afaik)
I didn't know GT3 came with PFC pads from the factory. That is good to know! If it's good enough for Porsche to use PFC on a factory car, that is good enough for me!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Got the word from PFC. Shipping will start soon from your PFC dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

i just received my pads.

I do have a question tho, the pads dont have the wings on the top.

Anyone know if this is going to cause an issue?

The part numbers match whats shown on this thread.

I dont think any race pads have the wings, as the wings at the top are to keep the pad stationary in the caliper when driving on the street. Can anyone chime in here?
Attached Images

1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic

Last edited by bryan_G01; 03-09-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

The weights are to reduce harmonics and noise. You don't need them on race pads.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #7
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Proper Bedding Procedure for CarbonMetallic® Brake Pads

All PFC Brake Pads are pre-treated to be race and street ready. This treatment is done in the final step of the manufacturing process when the surface of the friction material is brought up to temperature in order to simulate a bedding cycle. However, proper bedding is still required using your rotors with the new CarbonMetallic® pads. The following process below is suggested in order to achieve the best performance, consistency and durability of the pad.

STEP 1
Gradually get the PFC pads up to temperature. Do not spend a longer time on the brakes than usual because this can create a thermal shock condition within the compound.

STEP 2
Perform several stops with progressively higher pedal pressure and braking force and from higher speeds. You will feel the effectiveness of the brakes increase with each successive brake apply.

STEP 3
Continuing this procedure a few more times is the best way to accomplish the new transfer layer and, due to the higher surface temperatures, will assure a complete removal of the old friction materials from the disc.

STEP 4
The disc should be allowed to cool as much as is practical, with ambient temperature being ideal. Allowing the disc to cool to ambient temperature will increase disc life and performance.

STEP 5
The pads are now properly bedded to provide consistent performance. The pads should be brought back up to the operating temperature range to guarantee optimum braking power. This depends upon the specific compound.
Appreciate 0