THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2023: Japanese GP - Suzuka (Sep 24)

09-20-2023, 10:15 PM   #23
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Max has to be the most overrated driver in all of F1 history - bar none. He's talented, but after getting beat out by Danny R, I knew he was just a slightly above average driver with a great car.

Daniel himself was also slightly above average, but clearly a step down from the upper echelon of people like Hamilton, Vettel, etc.

Wake me up when Redbull's car comes down to mean and Max goes back to being a irrelevent driver with a bad attitude.
      09-21-2023, 12:52 AM   #24
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

sniff snifff......
Does anyone smelll that?

.....that whiff of butthurt
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60060.50
Roman771.00
      09-21-2023, 01:29 AM   #25
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Cold light of day predictions for Suzuka
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 04:32 AM   #26
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Max expects Norris to be strong at Suzuka but the simulations look good for the RB19 here and he adds that there is no need for rushing to get to an optimum set up.
Checo has also hinted that this is his 'come back' period from Suzuka onwards.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...ba5ZbrLnj.html
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 04:48 AM   #27
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Checo has also hinted that this is his 'come back' period from Suzuka onwards.
Checo has been saying that about every oncoming race for months now....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      09-21-2023, 05:24 AM   #28
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Checo has been saying that about every oncoming race for months now....
True and at best he will likely be mixing it with the McLarens and Ferraris battling to get to second if his quali doesn't quite work out.
Let's hope Max doesn't have any major component changes, those gearbox shifts required attention at Singapore.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 06:59 AM   #29
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Max has to be the most overrated driver in all of F1 history - bar none. He's talented, but after getting beat out by Danny R, I knew he was just a slightly above average driver with a great car.

Daniel himself was also slightly above average, but clearly a step down from the upper echelon of people like Hamilton, Vettel, etc.

Wake me up when Redbull's car comes down to mean and Max goes back to being a irrelevent driver with a bad attitude.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 07:28 AM   #30
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
sniff snifff......
Does anyone smelll that?

.....that whiff of butthurt
Max is the only thing keeping a bunch of otherwise fly over EU countries "relevant" It's wild to me how anyone can look at Max and consider him "elite"

But no buthurt here - Max is an ok driver, but never won anything until his car was leaps and bounds above everyone else.
      09-21-2023, 08:53 AM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

Quote:
Max is the only thing keeping a bunch of otherwise fly over EU countries "relevant" It's wild to me how anyone can look at Max and consider him "elite"

But no buthurt here - Max is an ok driver, but never won anything until his car was leaps and bounds above everyone else.
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 09:01 AM   #32
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You going back to trash posting once he loses again? I think Max wouldn't even win half his races if he had Bottas or Russell as his teammate - and to be honest, I don't think either is anything other than average.

Best driver on the grid is Hamilton, and the gap between him and the next guy up is about the difference between the population of the UK and Belgium. That wide.
      09-21-2023, 09:28 AM   #33
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Max is the only thing keeping a bunch of otherwise fly over EU countries "relevant"
'Murica megalomania....
yeah, Lawson is a great driver

Regarding Ricciardo vs. Verstappen:
Ric could only beat VER in the first 1,5 years in the team when he was pretty much still a rookie and very young. In 2018 Max beat RIC with ease (almost 80 points difference)

But you're entitled to your own opinion, just like I too have an a$$hole

Anyway, the racing team directors think differently.
When you say " It's wild to me how anyone can", that indicates that that's clearly a 'you' problem, and not team boss problem.

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-21-2023 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      09-21-2023, 09:33 AM   #34
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
'Murica megalomania....
yeah, Lawson is a great driver
I literally didn't even mention Lawson. But America > any backwoods EU toilet bowl country.
      09-21-2023, 09:50 AM   #35
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

You're absolutely right.

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      09-21-2023, 10:51 AM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
You going back to trash posting once he loses again? I think Max wouldn't even win half his races if he had Bottas or Russell as his teammate - and to be honest, I don't think either is anything other than average.

Best driver on the grid is Hamilton, and the gap between him and the next guy up is about the difference between the population of the UK and Belgium. That wide.
1 - Negative . You started with trash posting , because you are butthurt.
2 - Bottas was LEW's lapdog
3 - Russell is faster than LEW

Your posts look like LEW's window decoration .
Your pain must be terrible ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-21-2023, 10:57 AM   #37
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
1 - Negative . You started with trash posting , because you are butthurt.
2 - Bottas was LEW's lapdog
3 - Russell is faster than LEW

Your posts look like LEW's window decoration .
Your pain must be terrible ...
It's amazing how everything you said was wrong. Lapdog of Lewis when he's literally the best racer in the sport - he still has 7 championships, a record podium and qualifier, and points finishes. I don't need to defend someone who is literally the best.

Bottas was likely Lewis' weakest teammate and he still wasn't bad.

Russell is about on par with Max, minus the drama. Also, he's losing to Lewis in points since Lewis isn't take the knee to develop the car this year
      09-21-2023, 11:19 AM   #38
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:

Stuck in 2018?

When Max had Ric as a teammate, he was clearly still developing as a driver. To look at the driver's ability as stagnant from 5 years ago... come on.

This weekend is going to be pretty telling. Either RB goes back to dominating, or they don't. They had to revise their floor for Singapore. They claim because of all of the curbs, but the latest TD did include some aspects of the floor.

I felt like even with the issues RB had with the car, if the safety car hadn't come out just a few laps after RB went in and changed tires, they would have gotten a lot higher up in the points. Max might even have made podium. But instead, the SC came out and they lost the benefits of their strategy of going out on the hards while everyone else was on mediums.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-21-2023, 11:28 AM   #39
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
This weekend is going to be pretty telling. Either RB goes back to dominating, or they don't. They had to revise their floor for Singapore. They claim because of all of the curbs, but the latest TD did include some aspects of the floor.
They also had a different rear wing. With different end tips (the visible difference), but of course they don't tell what else is different and if it had anything to do with those TD's.

But Suzuka will indeed be the big test. A typical aero circuit, and RB's succes has been 100% due to aero advantages over the other teams (enginepower/gearbox etc is pretty much on par with MERC)
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      09-21-2023, 11:42 AM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's amazing how everything you said was wrong. Lapdog of Lewis when he's literally the best racer in the sport - he still has 7 championships, a record podium and qualifier, and points finishes. I don't need to defend someone who is literally the best.

Bottas was likely Lewis' weakest teammate and he still wasn't bad.

Russell is about on par with Max, minus the drama. Also, he's losing to Lewis in points since Lewis isn't take the knee to develop the car this year
What ? You must be kidding ?

In 2019/2020 I said that LEW would sink like a brick in the water .
What followed was that MAX won the F1 World Championship in 2020-2022-2023 !
I was 100% right ! And that's why a guy like you (MKsixer) disappeared completely in the F1 threads .
MKsixer was a LEW preacher , just like you .Too bad he's gone ..

I also said in 2021 : This is only the beginning ! And so it was ..
MAX won 3 World Titles in a row and in this season 10 races in a row (A new F1 World Record)!
That's not bad to begin with ..

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 12:01 PM   #41
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Stuck in 2018?

When Max had Ric as a teammate, he was clearly still developing as a driver. To look at the driver's ability as stagnant from 5 years ago... come on.
He's literally the same guy. We think people get worse as they get older, Max was still playing second fiddle until his team was able to poach talent and give him a vastly superior machine to drive. Nothing changed about him besides getting a better car

Quote:

I felt like even with the issues RB had with the car, if the safety car hadn't come out just a few laps after RB went in and changed tires, they would have gotten a lot higher up in the points. Max might even have made podium. But instead, the SC came out and they lost the benefits of their strategy of going out on the hards while everyone else was on mediums.
If they regress to mean, expect to see all his fans from their irrelevant countries that no one cares about, making excuses as to why their 'god' is still the same petulant barely above average racer that he's always been.
      09-21-2023, 12:07 PM   #42
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What ? You must be kidding ?

In 2019/2020 I said that LEW would sink like a brick in the water .
What followed was that MAX won the F1 World Championship in 2020-2022-2023 !
I was 100% right ! And that's why a guy like you (MKsixer) disappeared completely in the F1 threads .
MKsixer was a LEW preacher , just like you .Too bad he's gone ..

I also said in 2021 : This is only the beginning ! And so it was ..
MAX won 3 World Titles in a row and in this season 10 races in a row (A new F1 World Record)!
That's not bad to begin with ..
Lewis has won 7 world titles, including beating the then current WDC in his rookie year. Lewis is far more accomplished and he was doing it since he came into F1. He's continued to look the form this year handily beating his teammate without even trying, a guy who is just as good as Max.

Max was selected for a win in 2020, and won these last two seasons. It has only taken him 7 years, an overpowered car, the best engineers, and a favorable ruleset to so.

Mksixer was probably tired of 7 years of you complaining about how Max would breakout any day and then gloating about it nonstop. It's why I left. Insufferable.
      09-21-2023, 12:22 PM   #43
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Lewis has won 7 world titles, including beating the then current WDC in his rookie year. Lewis is far more accomplished and he was doing it since he came into F1. He's continued to look the form this year handily beating his teammate without even trying, a guy who is just as good as Max.

Max was selected for a win in 2020, and won these last two seasons. It has only taken him 7 years, an overpowered car, the best engineers, and a favorable ruleset to so.

Mksixer was probably tired of 7 years of you complaining about how Max would breakout any day and then gloating about it nonstop. It's why I left. Insufferable.
With this !
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-21-2023, 12:29 PM   #44
M5Rick
General
Rep

LEW is older now and with the Massa lawsuit hanging over the 2008 championship outcome together with a car that is lacking in pace through Mercs own wrong path he will only find it harder to compete for podiums using Russell as a measure for his pace.
Appreciate 3