THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Wheels and Tires Items Wanna Trade

12-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #23
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Unfortunately, this undermines my reason for the whole transaction.
My goal was to replace the entire set of wheels and tires with 17" and doing it in pieces is not reliable enough to plan for spring. I think you may have undervalued the wheels. These are about $400-$500 new. In my case with only 1,600 miles on them, over 50% depreciation seems too steep for essentially new wheels used for two months. Also, who winds up with the final set of wheels without TPMS if I keep mine? This may not work out as hoped, but I appreciate your interest.
Ok I think this misunderstanding is that you are looking to sell your wheels and use smaller wheels. My plan was to buy your wheels only so that you can replace them and still keep your tires and TPMS, but obviously the tires are of no use if you are replacing with 17s. So I don't think this will work. Anyway I think you are over valuing a set of used stock wheels on the open market. Sure a brand new wheel from BMW would be 4-500, but that is why people come to this forum, because they realize that is a ridiculous price. The stock 235 18s have been selling from 500-1000 a set. That being said, the fact that our wheels are in perfect condition brings them closer to the 1000 figure. If people wanted to pay retail they would go to the dealership. I think the logistics of this just don't make it worth it.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #24
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

I believe you are right after all. I hadn't done as much research as you and was just thinking about reasonable depreciation rates. But, I see your info is correct, so I'm sorry for being off-base earlier. I think we still have three motivated people, so let's try again. Your buyer is interested in tires, so maybe we can all save on dismounting/mounting and balancing tires if the two sets in play stay as is. How about if I take it down another $500 to $1500 which again includes the $1000 you suggested for my almost-new wheels, tires with 1,600 miles, and TPMS. When you price your set, if you include the value of TPMS with the tires he turns out to want, this may still work. I'm now essentially asking $500 for 4 tires plus TPMS. If it works this way, I figure we save about $200 in labor by leaving the tires on the wheels. As before, shipping is extra. Does this change your thoughts about this offer?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 12:23 AM   #25
Westsider45
draught tolerant
Rep
Drives: '17 C63 sedan

I have 384s with RFTs with less than 1,000 miles, and would be willing to do an even up trade.
Appreciate 0