THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Rotora 6pot BBK 380x32mm rim clearance

11-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Brainsperm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 228i xdrive

Garage List
Rotora 6pot BBK 380x32mm rim clearance

I have been searching through the various forums ( 1,2,3 series) and cant seem to find any posts confirming rim size and offset clearance. There are posts about brembo and stoptech, but those calipers are slightly smaller/narrower than rotoras. I have looked at the apex rims, but the techs have said the arc-8 wont clear the setup i want and the EC-7 barely clear stoptech (which i found a post). I have an email out to Velgen wheels to inquire about clearance..

Anyone have insight..

Here are the specs:

2015 228i x drive
I want square setup for A/S.
Car came with new tires when we bought 2 months ago (Eagle Sport A/S).

I have determined the OEM BMW style 461m 18x7.5 et45 will clear the rotoras with a 24mm spacer (used painter tape roll listed as 24mm, which is about 1").

I want to stick with 18" rim and can go up to 9" based on specs of the mounting for the tires as I do not want to buy tires.

I feel 8.5" with and ET 30 to 32 should work, but its the rim face designs and curvature of the spokes the make or brake the clearance.

Car is not lowered .
Appreciate 0