THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack m140/m240 xdrive wheel setup for best grip

02-09-2022, 02:27 AM   #1
BRTK.
Rep
Drives: BMW M240xi

m140/m240 xdrive wheel setup for best grip

Preparing for the summer season...

So we all have two options to go with xdrive either squared or staggered.
I could not find any specific info on this in particular to our smaller cars so maybe someone tried both options and are very welcome to share the experience.

Thing is that I am participating in local drag events with my daily m240, there we have no prep roads for that so events are only happening on closed streets.
Majority are 1/8 mile runs, but we have some 1/4 as well.

Taking about the wheels, I am not sure which option would be better performance wise. squared set of 245s or staggered with 225/255 ?
I believe at the moment of launch we get more power to the back plus weight balance, also running longer distance wider fronts could result in more drag, which is no good for shaving those tenths of a second...
But this is my opinion only, I haven't tried both options yet and could only guess. on opposite there were plenty lets say of MHD posts about quick b58s, and most of them are running squared sets...

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.
Appreciate 0