THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning MHD flash issues - am i bricked?

05-13-2023, 09:57 AM   #1
dyl240i
Registered
Rep
Drives: F22 m240i

Hey everyone, long time lurker but finally made an account since i need some help.

I have a 17 m240i that i just got the DME back from being unlocked. I connected it, started the car and drove to the end of the block and back, everything seemed fine.

Got it prepped to flash MHD, connected battery charger, all that stuff. Went to flash Stage 1 and got a “success!” Message after only 5-6 mins and after section 3. Went to start the car and it will crank but not turn, and has the following codes:

DME active codes -
135808 - Valvetronic servomotor position sensors, signal: Short circuit or line disconnection (line disconnection).

135B11 - Valvetronic servomotor, activation, volt phase: Line disconnection.

I tried to flash stage 0, same issue. Where i believe i truly f’d myself was trying to flash back to stock. Also got a success message but not the car will not crank at all and is not recognized by the MHD app.

Let the battery charge overnight, reseated all the DME cables and checked for any sort of pin damage (didn’t see any), and still unrecognized by MHD and no crank.

Assuming everything is physically okay, would i need to flash the DME to stock using ISTA or something? To me it seems to be in a bad state with the attempted flash back to stock/getting relocked. I’m not very familiar with that, but i work in software/hardware for computers so i am inclined in that realm.

Some potential causes others have mentioned are a blown fuse, or an actual bad valvetronic. I don’t get the typical “ticking” noise from the pump that I’ve read is typical with those, so I’m hoping that’s not the case.

Thanks for any advice and if i left any important info out let me know and I’ll provide what I’m able to.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl240i View Post
Hey everyone, long time lurker but finally made an account since i need some help.

I have a 17 m240i that i just got the DME back from being unlocked. I connected it, started the car and drove to the end of the block and back, everything seemed fine.

Got it prepped to flash MHD, connected battery charger, all that stuff. Went to flash Stage 1 and got a “success!” Message after only 5-6 mins and after section 3. Went to start the car and it will crank but not turn, and has the following codes:

DME active codes -
135808 - Valvetronic servomotor position sensors, signal: Short circuit or line disconnection (line disconnection).

I tried to flash stage 0, same issue. Where i believe i truly f’d myself was trying to flash back to stock. Also got a success message but not the car will not crank at all and is not recognized by the MHD app.

Let the battery charge overnight, reseated all the DME cables and checked for any sort of pin damage (didn’t see any), and still unrecognized by MHD and no crank.

Assuming everything is physically okay, would i need to flash the DME to stock using ISTA or something? To me it seems to be in a bad state with the attempted flash back to stock/getting relocked. I’m not very familiar with that, but i work in software/hardware for computers so i am inclined in that realm.

Some potential causes others have mentioned are a blown fuse, or an actual bad valvetronic. I don’t get the typical “ticking” noise from the pump that I’ve read is typical with those, so [...]
Flash it back to stock first.. or try to recode if that's an option in mhd.. idk if it is.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:21 PM   #3
dyl240i
Registered
Rep
Drives: F22 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55david View Post
Flash it back to stock first.. or try to recode if that's an option in mhd.. idk if it is.
Last i checked this morning MHD couldn’t connect to it at all. I’m worried the unlock patch is gone so now i can’t flash it at all with MHD.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 07:48 PM   #4
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Last i checked this morning MHD couldn’t connect to it at all. I’m worried the unlock patch is gone so now i can’t flash it at all with MHD.
The unlock isn't gone unless you lock it
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 10:12 AM   #5
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

You should try contacting MHD. They should be able to help you better

Quote:

DME active codes -

Some potential causes others have mentioned are a blown fuse, or an actual bad valvetronic. I don’t get the typical “ticking” noise from the pump that I’ve read is typical with those, so I’m hoping that’s not the case.

Thanks for any advice and if i left any important info out let me know and I’ll provide what I’m able to.
Appreciate 0