THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Bimmercode PDC question

12-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
gaushell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 330i Black

Bimmercode PDC question

can someone explain what the Park Distance Control coding options in bimmercode do?

I feel like i don't get the acoustic warnings when someone drives behind me while backing out of parking - will changing any of these help with that?

In particular, Speed threshold for visual and acoustic PDC warnings. There are various km/h settings - what does going up or down do?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
Nyorky2428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i MT

The speed settings determine how fast you are going to automatically turn PDC off and to limit the speed you can turn it on (i.e. you can't turn it on while doing 65 mph)

The car is likely not alerting you because they are not driving close enough to trigger the acoustic or visual warning. I believe the beeps don't start until a couple of feet away. It's not like some of the other driver aids in the car market that are actively looking for rear-crossing traffic that have a wider range. I don't believe coding can change the sensor's range
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
gaushell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 330i Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorky2428 View Post
The speed settings determine how fast you are going to automatically turn PDC off and to limit the speed you can turn it on (i.e. you can't turn it on while doing 65 mph)

The car is likely not alerting you because they are not driving close enough to trigger the acoustic or visual warning. I believe the beeps don't start until a couple of feet away. It's not like some of the other driver aids in the car market that are actively looking for rear-crossing traffic that have a wider range. I don't believe coding can change the sensor's range
thank you!
Appreciate 0