THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Exterior Parts Autoplus Style Diffusers!

04-10-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
trippleninemods
Rep
Drives: m235i mineral grey

Autoplus Style Diffusers!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
My fellow 2 series members,

Most Autoplus diffusers that are selling in the forum are all used and going for $800-$950 plus shipping and the original part is made of half FRP/half CF or full FRP.

Like a lot of us, I wanted the Autoplus diffuser. So, I contacted a few suppliers, and they all said that the part is no longer available...so I thought why no make it myself.

A buddy and myself have secured a deal with a company who has over 15 years making fiber for Kenworth trucks and we are confident that the quality will be same or better than the original. The diffuser will also have other options to be made of. For example, full CF and we'd like for them to fit other models with M Sport bumper as well (228, 235, and an option for people running m2 exhaust).

We'd like to have some support from the community. We'd like to possibly have a pre-order, since all the funding is coming out of pocket. Any input helps! Especially from those who are excited about this.

So far, we already have the mold and the first replica is being made. I will be posting a photo of the actual part for you guys/gals to see in the next couple of weeks.

04-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
F22_Alpin_Weiss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F-150 Lariat

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Appreciate 1
      04-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattr09 View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
me too

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

If you guys managed to have an out of the box version that can fit quad exhaust such as the M2 exhaust, that would also be the sweetness!
      04-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
trippleninemods
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
If you guys managed to have an out of the box version that can fit quad exhaust such as the M2 exhaust, that would also be the sweetness!
Yeah that's the idea! We want to have a clean out of box product for all versions of the 2 series with M Sport Bumper. 228(single), 235(dual), and for people running m2 exhaust, a quad version!

We are currently working on the replicas of the original dual exhaust (235i version) for anybody that's interested,

Since that's what we have to work with, If enough people with quad exhausts are interested, including yourself, we would like to start a list of pre-orders to accelerate the process of production.
Appreciate 3
      04-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
wahooooman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Atlantis M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippleninemods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
Yeah that's the idea! We want to have a clean out of box product for all versions of the 2 series with M Sport Bumper. 228(single), 235(dual), and for people running m2 exhaust, a quad version!

We are currently working on the replicas of the original dual exhaust (235i version) for anybody that's interested,

Since that's what we have to work with, If enough people with quad exhausts are interested, including yourself, we would like to start a list of pre-orders to accelerate the process of production.
Finally! This is good news, I am not a fan but many people would like a quad version as well it seems as there are tons of posts about cutting diffusers As well as a FRP or flat plastic
      04-15-2018, 04:38 AM   #7
SP_F80M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Would love to see pictures of it! Keep us updated
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
ls1 prerunner
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Subbed! I have a M235i and could really use a full CF diffuser
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
wntrsnowg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Subbed for more info and pictures on a m2 quad exhaust fitting diffuser for 235i
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
trippleninemods
Rep

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update, like we promised.

We've been working hard to get the diffusers ready. As of now, we have dual exhaust diffusers available for order for anyone that is interested in that option. Pricing will be as followed:
(FRP $600 shipped within the US; Carbon Fiber/FRP - $800 shipped within the US)

For everyone waiting for the quad exhaust version, we will start working on making a second mold for quad exhaust soon, a group buy/ pre order would definitely help accelerate the process! In the mean time, I'll be updating everyone with photos, etc. Feel free to message us for more info regarding a possible group buy or questions about the product.

- Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 11:20 PM   #11
trippleninemods
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisynot View Post
I mean... This is the same price as the group buy for actual autoplus diffusers made in Japan. If this is the best we can do from a non-disclosed company with no history of making performance parts for cars, I think we'd all be better off starting another group buy for the original part instead of paying the same amount for a "copy/replica".

Just my 2 cents.
We appreciate your input! We understand were you're coming from,

Sorry you expected a different price for the same quality part. You're right, we are a new company but our manufacturer has over 15 years in making automotive parts. We are confident in the quality of what we are producing. Our manufacturer has the same process and quality control as they would with parts produced for Kenworth as far as making a mold, labor, material, packaging and even FREE shipping.

I'd love to hear more input from anyone, if pricing is something to be concerned, please let us know what you think is a fair deal :]

with that being said, here are a few quotes from "Autoplus diffuser" group buy threads:

- "Just reached out to them yesterday. Estimated time to deliver is 30 days after the order. I'm not sure how much shipping is..."

- "It says out of stock but gave me a shipping option of $400..."

- "I'm interested. Reading old threads it looks like free shipping in the past with 6 orders"

- "(no paint and paid shipping to your location): USD 845.00 for FRP"

- "(no paint and paid shipping to your location): USD 1,104.00 FRP/Carbon"
Appreciate 1
Bmw.Fan38.50
      05-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Price needs to come down, and I might be interested if it does. +1 on not paying some undisclosed vendor (doesn't matter how many years are claimed) anywhere near the original pricing for a replica.
Appreciate 2
      05-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #13
Jpup
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Interested! Would love to see some pictures of the finished product and fitment when available.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #14
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Yeah not to be mean here, but you guys would really need to come down in price for it to be competitive vs the autoplus diffuser. Their fit and finish is amazing, if the price is within 10% of theirs it starts become a lot less likely you would get a lot of bites on here.

it would have to be closer to the 30-40% range as far as discount goes.

Likely in the 400(frp) to 600(CF) range. And cheaper if we are talking group buy.

If you are talking knockoffs, I bought a Vicrez CF diffuser for less than $400 (Their prices went up a bit recently) so now its $449, but this is for CF.

This is directly your competition as far as pricing goes, something to keep in mind.
      05-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #15
Bmw.Fan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Started group buy

Hey guys, ended up doing a ton of research due to this thread and after getting some help from a Japanese friend, was able to establish a group buy. Enjoy!

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...1#post23166101
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #16
trippleninemods
Rep

Thank you all for your input!
We will review this info and we'll have an answer for you all, in the next few days... :]

Here are some advantages to consider when buying with us:

We are a local shop, which means, If you're a local in the area, we can install the diffuser for you for free. 30 day wait time? More like a week for your part to be made. Once we have a set price, you won't have to deal with group buys to get a good deal, sometimes having to rely on other's commitment for someone else to get their diffuser can be frustrating..IF a group buy is something people like instead, then I'm sure we can work something out. Obviously, the more folks, the better the discount. We want to create the best price/cost we can, without losing quality on the product. I cant stress enough the fact that our team that handles the production have 15+ of years in experience working for Kensworth. "Kenworth is a manufacturer of The World’s BestŪ heavy and medium duty trucks for over 90 years", we have the same exact people that make their parts making ours. At the end of the day, we are an option to your needs, we are not looking to discredit anyone or any other company, it is 100% optional to do business with us.

In the mean time, here are some photos I took of our first official piece off the mold. (we left it white for contrast)

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...psscphj53r.jpg

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...pshvmzuhjz.jpg

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c6aomuw.jpg

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...psafg5oaya.jpg

Last edited by trippleninemods; 05-09-2018 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: incorrect photo link
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
trippleninemods
Rep

Wish you good luck, brother. Hope your deal goes through with the groupbuy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw.Fan View Post
Hey guys, ended up doing a ton of research due to this thread and after getting some help from a Japanese friend, was able to establish a group buy. Enjoy!

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...1#post23166101
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #18
Bmw.Fan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippleninemods View Post
Wish you good luck, brother. Hope your deal goes through with the groupbuy!
I'd pick one up from you if you can get your pricing competitive. I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for the carbon fiber version if the price was right...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #19
trippleninemods
Rep

Hello everyone,

After a lot of talking it over with the team, we modified our cost with the manufacturer, we have come down on pricing quite a bit. I'm happy that we are able to go ahead and meet were you all drew the line. We will have FRP for $400 + shipping,

Carbon , quad exhaust, etc. are still in the works, but we will work hard to keep the energy going. Thanks all of you who have been supportive with this project, once again, any orders/questions/concerns feel free to send us a message
Appreciate 1
wntrsnowg105.50
      05-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #20
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Any idea on timeline? Cost of CF version?
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #21
wntrsnowg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippleninemods View Post
Carbon , quad exhaust, etc. are still in the works, but we will work hard to keep the energy going. Thanks all of you who have been supportive with this project, once again, any orders/questions/concerns feel free to send us a message
I'm also in San Diego so let me know if you need an m235i for test fitting M2 quad exhaust diffusers. I'm also a Mechanical Engineer so I might be capable of some above-average quality feedback haha
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #22
JP's M2xx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i x drive conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post
I'm also in San Diego so let me know if you need an m235i for test fitting M2 quad exhaust diffusers. I'm also a Mechanical Engineer so I might be capable of some above-average quality feedback haha
Quad is what I am interested in seeing too.
Appreciate 1