THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding the LIM function into the F22/23 platform

08-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #1
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Coding the LIM function into the F22/23 platform

I saw the thread on coding cruise without it installed that led to the thread for coding LIM here: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1269507
This is for the M3/M4 and I was reluctant as I had never seen the "LIM" in green on the dash during the power on test. But none the less I plugged away with Bimmercode the following:

KOMBI 3003 SLD_ENABLE aktiv (This one was already set at aktiv in my car)
ICM 3000 C_SLD_Funktion aktiv
ICM 3000 C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC zugelassen

Then took it out for a test run. Hit 37 MPH and pressed the "SET" button and low an behold the green "LIM" showed up near the right turn arrow. Also it displays LIM and the set speed in the center of the dash. You can alter the speed with the toggle.

As stated in the M3/M4 post you do lose the SET button in cruise as it will always bring up LIM even with cruise on so you do have to use the toggle to set your speed.

It works great as our main access road recently went from 45 to 35 and I have a heck of a time keeping that speed for some reason (habit?) and it works as advertised no more creep up to 40, but if I need to get out of the way a good mash of the throttle allows will cause a down shift and the car will exceed the LIM setting with the "LIM" flashing on the dash. Also great for school zones.

Happy coding.

Now if some one knows how to code the front turn signals from the little side lights to the eyebrows, let me know.
Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 03:28 AM   #2
LanceM26
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, BMW M240iX

Tag me if you figure out how to get the adaptive side lights out too
Appreciate 0