THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning NEW RELEASE: Dinan N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis, non-M2 / PWG)

04-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: Dinan N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis, non-M2 / PWG)

Name:  N55_Flash_Banner_Forum.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  277.4 KB

Dinan N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis, non-M2 / PWG)

Part Number(s): D900-N55-S1
Applications:
  • 2014-2016 F22/F23 M235i
  • 2012-2015 F30 335i
  • 2014-2016 F34 335i GT
  • 2014-2016 F32/F33/F36 435i
  • 2012-2016 F10 535i
  • 2012-2017 F07 535i GT
  • 2013-2019 F06/F12/F13 640i
  • 2013-2015 F01/F02 740i/Li
  • 2012-2017 F25 X3 35i
  • 2015-2016 F26 X4 35i
  • 2016-2018 F26 X4 M40i
  • 2014-2018 F15 X5 35i
  • 2016-2019 F16 X6 35i
Product Page(s) / Pricing: bit.ly/N55-PES
Release Date: Available Now!

Description: Dinan has a long and storied past when it comes to engine tuning having introduced our first engine performance chip in the mid 80's - over 3 decades ago. From those early years with chips, followed by engine software and then to our own external control modules we have become experts in nearly every possible way to extract safe, reliable power from the factory powerplant. While we have long preferred the unheard of control and sophistication capable of being achieved from engine software, over the past 6 years that option was not one afforded to us. That changes now with the re-introduction to flash tuning for Dinan with the S55, and now, N55 engines.

The start of the next generation of Dinan flash tunes, the N55 calibrations are held to the same principles of the past; performance, reliability, and safety. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. Protecting your BMW while giving the most performance is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". Drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability.

This generation of Dinan flash tunes does differ from the past however in that there are multiple octanes to choose from depending on your needs, desires or limitations. Whether you need a tune for 91 pump gas living in California or want to experience maximum performance on 104 octane race gas at the track or something in between, chances are Dinan has an option for you.

The Dinan Stage 1 Performance engine software is designed for the N55 engine to yield maximum power (for a variety of different octanes), improve drivability, and remove the factory speed governor for unadulterated entertainment.

Features/Benefits:
  • More Power: Max gains up to 105 HP / 130 lb-ft of torque at the crank on the base N55 using 104 octane. Consult the performance charts for detailed data and additional octanes.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty and are at the discretion.
  • Access to numerous octane callibrations depending on your needs (91, 93 and 104). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • The Dinan Dual Core Intercooler is recommended for improved performance gains, regardless of octane, across the entire power band (where applicable).
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Transmission torque limiters raised for maximum power in every gear.
  • Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS - See product page or the FAQ at the bottom of the post.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine damage safeguards.
  • Torque gains drastically improve acceleration.
  • No hesitation between shifts.
  • Downloads through the OBD2 Port - See compatability notice below.
  • Hassle free operation — Install and enjoy.

COMPATABILITY NOTICE - BOX CODES

The N55 engine and its multitude of variants account for several 100 unique box codes across various platforms. While Dinan has created files for nearly all of these permutations, there is a chance you may have a box code that we have not seen. If this happens to be the case we will need to create a file for your vehicle. This process could take several days and multiple dealer visits.

Name:  F_N55_104_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  240.3 KB
Name:  F_N55_93_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 2315
Size:  241.1 KB
Name:  F_N55_91_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 2269
Size:  237.2 KB

DINAN N55 ENGINE PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE FAQ:

I already own a DINANTRONICS Elite kit for the N55 engine, can I switch to the flash?
Yes, you can trade in your existing DINANTRONICS kit and qualify for a warrantied tune (balance of the factory matching 4yr/50 k warranty) upgrade for only $149.95 if the option is available. If you are already out of warranty or simply want more power you can opt to switch to the full stage 1 options (no factory matching warranty) without any associated upgrade fee. Pricing listed is dependent on trade-in of registered, first-hand units. Used, second-hand units do not qualify.

When I purchase a Stage 1 N55 flash do I only have access to one of the octane mappings?
When a stage 1 N55 flash is purchased you obtain licenses for ALL the various octane maps. However, only one map can be loaded on the car at any given time so if you wish to use a different octane then what is initially loaded it would require a trip to your authorized Dinan dealer for a reflash. Labor / install charges to perform this service would be at the discretion of the dealer. We recommend loading the octane mapping that is most commonly used for the vehicle (91, 93 most likely) and only do a map change for special occurrences such as a track day.

I do not live near a Dinan Dealer can I still purchase Performance Software?
At this time Dinan N55 Engine Performance Software must be installed through one of our authorized dealers. Our dealer list is constantly expanding however so check out the dealer locator often at https://www.dinancars.com/authorized-dealers/ to make sure a new dealer has not begun servicing your area. Alternatively, the DME can be sent in directly to Dinan to bench flash. If interested in this method please contact the sales/support team at support@dinancars.com and they can assist.

Can I flash my vehicle back to the stock tune?
Yes, you have the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock but the process would need to be completed by a dealer. There is no cost to do so from Dinan but you would potentially be subject to dealer labor rates to perform the service.

What if I am not happy with my Dinan Engine Performance Software purchase? Is there a return window?
All Dinan engine software include a 30-day money back guarantee with no questions asked. If for any reason the owner is dissatisfied with the Dinan engine software, they may return to the place of purchase for a full refund, provided they are within the 30 day period from the time of the initial purchase. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the guarantee and are at the discretion of the place of install.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      04-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

could you elaborate on "No hesitation between shifts." what is the problem with stock tune and how it is eliminated in your flash tune

is this regarding the automatic or manual?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #4
ljason8eg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

What's with the large difference between 91 and 93 maps? Seems higher than I'd expect.

Also, any timeline on CARB certification?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

@Dinan_Engineering
What is the fix for the hesitation between shifts? Are you speaking to the manual transmission? Please elaborate.
      05-18-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
What's with the large difference between 91 and 93 maps? Seems higher than I'd expect.

Also, any timeline on CARB certification?
Some engines behave better on 91 then others. The N55 can technically handle more power on 91 but you get into some pre-knock conditions that we didn't feel was worth sacrificing the long term health of the motor. Better safe then sorry and all that.

Your guess is as good as ours on a CARB EO. Its in the application process via SEMA Garage but the process seems to take longer and longer now. We do do our own emissions testing so that we can legitimately meet Memorandum 1A compliance and essentially self certify however. Doesn't help for California customers but we are doing our due diligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
@Dinan_Engineering
What is the fix for the hesitation between shifts? Are you speaking to the manual transmission? Please elaborate.
Hesitation between shifts has more to do with the transmission torque limits then anything. On a stock car they don't come into play but on a tuned vehicle there is some stuttering of gear shifts/hangs as the limits of the OE torque limits are pressed. With those increased/removed the power can be brought on linearly as it cycles through the gears.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Seeing as though the F22 only came with EWG N55's, can we assume they're included? I only see "PWG" in the description..
      05-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #8
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Seeing as though the F22 only came with EWG N55's, can we assume they're included? I only see "PWG" in the description..
2 series is covered. Only N55's not covered in flashes currently are the M2 and the early pneumatic/mechanical waste gates.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #9
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
2 series is covered. Only N55's not covered in flashes currently are the M2 and the early pneumatic/mechanical waste gates.
Thanks, I simply read the description wrong. Cheers

D
      08-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #10
Osageaj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235xi MG

Dinantronics Stage 2 to Dinan Stage 1 Flash?

Has anyone gone from the Dinantronics stage 2 module to the new stage 1 flash? I currently have Dinan exhaust, intake, and Dinantronics stage 2 and plan to keep the stock turbo. I will be upgrading intercooler and charge pipes (including tic) and considering a catted downpipe also. I would like to know if anyone has experienced the change of the tunes. The cars feel great now.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #11
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Attachment 2297641

Dinan N55 Flash Tuning ('F' Chassis, non-M2 / PWG)

Part Number(s): D900-N55-S1
Applications:
  • 2014-2016 F22/F23 M235i
  • 2012-2015 F30 335i
  • 2014-2016 F34 335i GT
  • 2014-2016 F32/F33/F36 435i
  • 2012-2016 F10 535i
  • 2012-2017 F07 535i GT
  • 2013-2019 F06/F12/F13 640i
  • 2013-2015 F01/F02 740i/Li
  • 2012-2017 F25 X3 35i
  • 2015-2016 F26 X4 35i
  • 2016-2018 F26 X4 M40i
  • 2014-2018 F15 X5 35i
  • 2016-2019 F16 X6 35i
Product Page(s) / Pricing: bit.ly/N55-PES
Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description: Dinan has a long and storied past when it comes to engine tuning having introduced our first engine performance chip in the mid 80's - over 3 decades ago. From those early years with chips, followed by engine software and then to our own external control modules we have become experts in nearly every possible way to extract safe, reliable power from the factory powerplant. While we have long preferred the unheard of control and sophistication capable of being achieved from engine software, over the past 6 years that option was not one afforded to us. That changes now with the re-introduction to flash tuning for Dinan with the S55, and now, N55 engines.

The start of the next generation of Dinan flash tunes, the N55 calibrations are held to the same principles of the past; performance, reliability, and safety. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. Protecting your BMW while giving the most performance is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". Drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability.

This generation of Dinan flash tunes does differ from the past however in that there are multiple octanes to choose from depending on your needs, desires or limitations. Whether you need a tune for 91 pump gas living in California or want to experience maximum performance on 104 octane race gas at the track or something in between, chances are Dinan has an option for you.

The Dinan Stage 1 Performance engine software is designed for the N55 engine to yield maximum power (for a variety of different octanes), improve drivability, and remove the factory speed governor for unadulterated entertainment.

Features/Benefits:
  • More Power: Max gains up to 105 HP / 130 lb-ft of torque at the crank on the base N55 using 104 octane. Consult the performance charts for detailed data and additional octanes.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty and are at the discretion.
  • Access to numerous octane callibrations depending on your needs (91, 93 and 104). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • The Dinan Dual Core Intercooler is recommended for improved performance gains, regardless of octane, across the entire power band (where applicable).
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Transmission torque limiters raised for maximum power in every gear.
  • Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS - See product page or the FAQ at the bottom of the post.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine damage safeguards.
  • Torque gains drastically improve acceleration.
  • No hesitation between shifts.
  • Downloads through the OBD2 Port - See compatability notice below.
  • Hassle free operation — Install and enjoy.

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]COMPATABILITY NOTICE - BOX CODES[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The N55 engine and its multitude of variants account for several 100 unique box codes across various platforms. While Dinan has created files for nearly all of these permutations, there is a chance you may have a box code that we have not seen. If this happens to be the case we will need to create a file for your vehicle. This process could take several days and multiple dealer visits.

Attachment 2297644
Attachment 2297643
Attachment 2297642

[SIZE="4"]DINAN N55 ENGINE PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE FAQ:[/SIZE]

I already own a DINANTRONICS Elite kit for the N55 engine, can I switch to the flash?
Yes, you can trade in your existing DINANTRONICS kit and qualify for a warrantied tune (balance of the factory matching 4yr/50 k warranty) upgrade for only $149.95 if the option is available. If you are already out of warranty or simply want more power you can opt to switch to the full stage 1 options (no factory matching warranty) without any associated upgrade fee. Pricing listed is dependent on trade-in of registered, first-hand units. Used, second-hand units do not qualify.

When I purchase a Stage 1 N55 flash do I only have access to one of the octane mappings?
When a stage 1 N55 flash is purchased you obtain licenses for ALL the various octane maps. However, only one map can be loaded on the car at any given time so if you wish to use a different octane then what is initially loaded it would require a trip to your authorized Dinan dealer for a reflash. Labor / install charges to perform this service would be at the discretion of the dealer. We recommend loading the octane mapping that is most commonly used for the vehicle (91, 93 most likely) and only do a map change for special occurrences such as a track day.

I do not live near a Dinan Dealer can I still purchase Performance Software?
At this time Dinan N55 Engine Performance Software must be installed through one of our authorized dealers. Our dealer list is constantly expanding however so check out the dealer locator often at https://www.dinancars.com/authorized-dealers/ to make sure a new dealer has not begun servicing your area. Alternatively, the DME can be sent in directly to Dinan to bench flash. If interested in this method please contact the sales/support team at support@dinancars.com and they can assist.

Can I flash my vehicle back to the stock tune?
Yes, you have the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock but the process would need to be completed by a dealer. There is no cost to do so from Dinan but you would potentially be subject to dealer labor rates to perform the service.

What if I am not happy with my Dinan Engine Performance Software purchase? Is there a return window?
All Dinan engine software include a 30-day money back guarantee with no questions asked. If for any reason the owner is dissatisfied with the Dinan engine software, they may return to the place of purchase for a full refund, provided they are within the 30 day period from the time of the initial purchase. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the guarantee and are at the discretion of the place of install.
Confused- the three dyno charts all say 93 AKI fuel but seem to be in a hierarchy of descending power outputs...

Is this the 104, 93, 91 series maybe?

Can I compare these numbers to my BM3 stage 2 kit I bet? Input variables and outputs should be approximately equal all else constant?

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #12
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrow7xx View Post
Confused- the three dyno charts all say 93 AKI fuel but seem to be in a hierarchy of descending power outputs...

Is this the 104, 93, 91 series maybe?

Can I compare these numbers to my BM3 stage 2 kit I bet? Input variables and outputs should be approximately equal all else constant?
First chart is 104, second is 93, last is 91. All labelled as such in the main title at the top of each chart. The 93 reference you are probably referring to is the baseline for all charts is with 93 octane.

This would be more akin to BM3 Stage 1 (factory cats) as stage 2 is typically optimized for a DP in competitor's staging systems. Dinan aims to retain complete legality (emissions included) so does not tune for downpipes. The Dinan Stage 2 (https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...ts/D900-N55-S2) would be the closer comparison but would require our big turbo and an upgraded intercooler.
Appreciate 0