THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Unveiling Soon.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #45
vinny84
Captain
vinny84's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: 1990 Ferrari 348ts; 2014 320xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallastown, PA

iTrader: (1)

Ah man, I hope so!

I want to do a Euro Delivery at the end of May and was hoping everything would be available by then.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #46
///Megalomaniac
Private
///Megalomaniac's Avatar
Germany
24
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Ah man, I hope so!

I want to do a Euro Delivery at the end of May and was hoping everything would be available by then.
So I wish you luck!

One last thing our dealer told me last week that we can order one around second week of october, so I guess the online reveal will be before that!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #47
vinny84
Captain
vinny84's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: 1990 Ferrari 348ts; 2014 320xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallastown, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Megalomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Ah man, I hope so!

I want to do a Euro Delivery at the end of May and was hoping everything would be available by then.
So I wish you luck!

One last thing our dealer told me last week that we can order one around second week of october, so I guess the online reveal will be before that!
Hmm, that means within a couple of weeks we should finally get all the details we've been waiting for
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #48
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
382
Rep
1,184
Posts

Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

M2

If this information is true and we could have a M235i with around 355bhp that meant 2 different things. Either there won't be an M2 or either it will be a killer car with 390+bhp which meant there will be a straight 6 under the hood
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
///Megalomaniac
Private
///Megalomaniac's Avatar
Germany
24
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

I can't wait for the reveal guys!!!!

With the M2 is asked him too, but no answer to that topic. He said let's wait and see, but you can be very excited for the M235i, so I hope this is already a little rocket!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #50
vinny84
Captain
vinny84's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: 1990 Ferrari 348ts; 2014 320xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallastown, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Megalomaniac
I can't wait for the reveal guys!!!!

With the M2 is asked him too, but no answer to that topic. He said let's wait and see, but you can be very excited for the M235i, so I hope this is already a little rocket!
My opinion on the M2 is that it will come out around the same time the 1M did as far as the model cycle goes. It would also share the same parts with the M4 as the 1M did with the M3. Limited production cycle.

So I would expect the M2 to come out within 5-6 years
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #51
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
18267
Rep
19,232
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Hmm, that means within a couple of weeks we should finally get all the details we've been waiting for
Bit longer than that... but not much longer
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #52
vinny84
Captain
vinny84's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: 1990 Ferrari 348ts; 2014 320xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallastown, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Hmm, that means within a couple of weeks we should finally get all the details we've been waiting for
Bit longer than that... but not much longer
You're killing us here haha
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #53
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
OrangeCrush's Avatar
1196
Rep
1,967
Posts

Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
My opinion on the M2 is that it will come out around the same time the 1M did as far as the model cycle goes. It would also share the same parts with the M4 as the 1M did with the M3. Limited production cycle.

So I would expect the M2 to come out within 5-6 years
I am getting worried that there won't be an M2.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #54
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
382
Rep
1,184
Posts

Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
My opinion on the M2 is that it will come out around the same time the 1M did as far as the model cycle goes. It would also share the same parts with the M4 as the 1M did with the M3. Limited production cycle.

So I would expect the M2 to come out within 5-6 years
I am getting worried that there won't be an M2.
X2 same here! Is there some bmw insider that could help us on that?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #55
///Megalomaniac
Private
///Megalomaniac's Avatar
Germany
24
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Bit longer than that... but not much longer
So are you saying details to the M Performance stuff will be revealed with the online reveal?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #56
SCOTT26
Major General
SCOTT26's Avatar
3211
Rep
5,272
Posts

Drives: Frozen Dark Red First Edition
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

M2 will be a series model this time around.

But M3 and M4 comes first in order to establish the market for the M2.
I know that development is underway and that the recipe remains the same for the entry-level M car.

As I said before you are not getting an M2 tomorrow. You have to be patient.

The M235i will keep many busy especially in regards to the development already done with that car and its aftermarket programme, which in its final form matches the same brutality as the BMW 4er with M Performance accessories.

Whilst the production car debuts at the NAIAS in January. The M Performance accessories line will be premiered at Geneva in March 2014 as will M Performance accessories for the M3 and M4.
__________________
The M850i is evidence that BMW have got their mojo back when it comes to dynamic sports cars...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #57
///Megalomaniac
Private
///Megalomaniac's Avatar
Germany
24
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
.

The M235i will keep many busy especially in regards to the development already done with that car and its aftermarket programme, which in its final form matches the same brutality as the BMW 4er with M Performance accessories.

Whilst the production car debuts at the NAIAS in January. The M Performance accessories line will be premiered at Geneva in March 2014
Thanks!! That's why he was always talking about Geneva!
Will the accessories be available from the Geneva show or do we have to wait a long time for it to come in stock?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #58
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
18267
Rep
19,232
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Megalomaniac View Post
So are you saying details to the M Performance stuff will be revealed with the online reveal?
My mistake, I was referring to the M235i / 2 Series reveal.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #59
///Megalomaniac
Private
///Megalomaniac's Avatar
Germany
24
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
My mistake, I was referring to the M235i / 2 Series reveal.
Ok so the reveal won't be in the second week?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #60
as7920
Colonel
as7920's Avatar
United Kingdom
285
Rep
2,091
Posts

Drives: MG M2 LCI DCT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
M2 will be a series model this time around.

But M3 and M4 comes first in order to establish the market for the M2.
I know that development is underway and that the recipe remains the same for the entry-level M car.

As I said before you are not getting an M2 tomorrow. You have to be patient.

The M235i will keep many busy especially in regards to the development already done with that car and its aftermarket programme, which in its final form matches the same brutality as the BMW 4er with M Performance accessories.

Whilst the production car debuts at the NAIAS in January. The M Performance accessories line will be premiered at Geneva in March 2014 as will M Performance accessories for the M3 and M4.
Will there be any new developments for M perf accessories for the M135i or is that a done deal now? Will some of the M235i m perf accessories fit the hatchback?

Especially thinking of PPK ala 335i and LSD, possibly more carbon fibre and those CF exhaust tips!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #61
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
2,608
Posts

Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
M2 will be a series model this time around.

But M3 and M4 comes first in order to establish the market for the M2.
I know that development is underway and that the recipe remains the same for the entry-level M car.

As I said before you are not getting an M2 tomorrow. You have to be patient.

The M235i will keep many busy especially in regards to the development already done with that car and its aftermarket programme, which in its final form matches the same brutality as the BMW 4er with M Performance accessories.

Whilst the production car debuts at the NAIAS in January. The M Performance accessories line will be premiered at Geneva in March 2014 as will M Performance accessories for the M3 and M4.
: (. Man, us guys who get the first batch of cars are going to be screwed over once the M performance part are released. I bet the LSD is going to be crazy expensive vs port install.

Even for the M PPK the price at dealer is crazy compared to price at port : (.
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #62
Hobbe
Private First Class
Hobbe's Avatar
Sweden
8
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: AW E82 1M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
ouch! not a good sign! did it look bloated like the spy photos?

so what did you think of the looks?

I liked the exterior (3/4-series styling).
Not bloated. It looks much better live (sharp and edgy).
Although a pre-production car it seemed pretty much ready to order.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
If you visited the closed room at IAA you were not to to discuss the 2er and M4 Concept.
No IAA.
I visited a particular car manufacturer's HQ in a country north of das Vaterland last week...
__________________
AW E82 1M, 414 PS/636 Nm
Local tracks more fun than public roads
WWW.BMWSC.COM

Last edited by Hobbe; 09-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #63
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
3375
Rep
9,172
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
You're killing us here haha
When they confirmed that the M235 would be faster around the Ring than the 1M, AND have an LSD, it made me think the same thing...

EDIT: Whoops--replied to the wrong one--I was referring to the possibility that there might not be an M2
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #64
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
OrangeCrush's Avatar
1196
Rep
1,967
Posts

Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
When they confirmed that the M235 would be faster around the Ring than the 1M, AND have an LSD, it made me think the same thing...

EDIT: Whoops--replied to the wrong one--I was referring to the possibility that there might not be an M2
This is my thinking. Since they are making the M235 so good....how is the M2 going to fit in between that and the M4?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #65
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
1806
Rep
7,115
Posts

Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
This is my thinking. Since they are making the M235 so good....how is the M2 going to fit in between that and the M4?
Hopefully it gives more credence to a lighter car with a more rearward weight bias (ie 4 cylinder) to more directly compete with the CLA45 and S3. Leave the M235i as the torquey cruiser and use the M2 as a higher strung, more focused car.

Of course the F8x cars have the advantage of yet unknown chassis differences to allow them to be lighter than the F3x cars, I think it's a stretch to expect the M2 to get it's own unique chassis and motor. Just thinking out loud of what would make me buy one over an M235i and for me at least, it would be a unique motor, better balance and less weight.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #66
bimmerfile
Lieutenant Colonel
bimmerfile's Avatar
Canada
443
Rep
1,881
Posts

Drives: 2018 M240xi Cabriolet
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GTA, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
My mistake, I was referring to the M235i / 2 Series reveal.
Jason:
Will the reveal also include the 2er cabrio?
Do you know approx. when the cabrio will go into production?
__________________

2018 MG M240xi ragtop
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2 series convertible, 2 series coupe, 2 series gran coupe, 2-series forum, 2-series forums, 2014 2 series coupe, 2014 2-series, 2014 bmw 2 series, 2014 bmw 2 series coupe, 2015 2 series convertible, 2015 2-series, 2015 bmw 2 series, 2015 bmw 2 series coupe, 228i coupe, 228i forum, 228i forums, 235i coupe, bmw 2 series, bmw 2 series convertible, bmw 2 series coupe, bmw 2 series forums, bmw 2 series gran coupe, bmw 2-series forum, bmw 228i, bmw 228i coupe, bmw 228i forum, bmw 228i forums, bmw 235i coupe, bmw f22, bmw f22 forum, bmw f22 forums, bmw f23, bmw f23 forum, bmw f23 forums, bmw f24, bmw f26, bmw m2 forum, bmw m2 forums, bmw m235i, bmw m235i coupe, bmw m235i forum, bmw m235i forums, f22 228i, f22 235i, f22 forum, f22 forums, f23 forum, f23 forums, m2 forum, m2 forums, m235i, m235i coupe, m235i forum, m235i forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST