THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 2021 228IX engine/trans shudder from stop?

11-24-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
elykoj
Rep
Drives: 228iX

2021 228IX engine/trans shudder from stop?

I have a 2021 228ix automatic with 24,000 miles. When I am at a complete stop at a light or stop sign, when i let off brake pedal the car shudders but only like 85% of the time. Sometimes very smooth out of a stop but most times it does this shudder. I am not sure if its engine or trans doing it but its annoying. Almost feels to a lesser extent of the start/stop function turned on which i always turn off as a hate that. My dealer has looked at this twice now when there for other reasons and said nothing wrong and working as designed. If that was normal why wouldnt it do it everytime? When they had the car they gave me a loaner that was same exact model but a 2023 and this car NEVER did this at all. Any thoughts on this? no lights on cluster at all . Love the car but I have only had it for 3 months and its the one thing that i dont like.. well that and the noisy run flats which when its time i will replace with normal tires.

Last edited by elykoj; 11-24-2023 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0