THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery .

09-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
SammT
Rep
Drives: Corsa

Question .

Last edited by SammT; 09-06-2018 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Go for it. 4000 miles/yr is about 80 miles per week. 80 per week isn't a lot but it isn't zero either. You may as well spend your weekly 80 miles in a fun car. I've had the m235 for a little over 3 years, and I'm averaging about 8000 miles/yr. That's more than you but also relatively low. Due to changed circumstances and living in major urban (though geographically small) area, I anticipate driving less over the next couple years (maybe 5000 miles/yr). Do I ever feel like the m235 is 'too much car' for my purposes? Actually, I don't. I'm too busy enjoying the heck out of the car when I'm driving it.
If I were to step back from it and look at it very rationally, I'd probably have to admit that I could get by just fine with a much lesser car. Of course, that's really true for almost everyone. We could all get by just fine with a KIA or something if we really had to. Fortunately, we don't. Bottom line... if you like the car and it doesn't negatively impact your personal finances, life's too short not to drive a car you really like.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Go for it. 4000 miles/yr is about 80 miles per week. 80 per week isn't a lot but it isn't zero either. You may as well spend your weekly 80 miles in a fun car. I've had the m235 for a little over 3 years, and I'm averaging about 8000 miles/yr. That's more than you but also relatively low. Due to changed circumstances and living in major urban (though geographically small) area, I anticipate driving less over the next couple years (maybe 5000 miles/yr). Do I ever feel like the m235 is 'too much car' for my purposes? Actually, I don't. I'm too busy enjoying the heck out of the car when I'm driving it.
If I were to step back from it and look at it very rationally, I'd probably have to admit that I could get by just fine with a much lesser car. Of course, that's really true for almost everyone. We could all get by just fine with a KIA or something if we really had to. Fortunately, we don't. Bottom line... if you like the car and it doesn't negatively impact your personal finances, life's too short not to drive a car you really like.
or as I say...."Life is TOO short to drive a boring car"
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 0