THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB N55 coolant busted

02-11-2024, 04:00 PM   #1
vBlitz
Rep
Drives: bmw m235i xdrive

N55 coolant busted

left work then low coolant light popped up pulled over then seen this. is this because of the broken hose? car was running perfectly fine on the way to work this morning
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:03 PM   #2
Rich.Wolfson
Thaumaturge
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBlitz View Post
left work then low coolant light popped up pulled over then seen this. is this because of the broken hose? car was running perfectly fine on the way to work this morning
Everyone! That part is cheap and it will break. Most likely at the most inconvenient time. If you are over 50K miles and have never changed it, now is the time.

The great thing about this forum is that nothing will happen to your car that has not happened before and described here. Pay attention and do the preventive maintenance before it's too late.

///Rich
Appreciate 3
      02-13-2024, 07:29 AM   #3
zoro2001
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Garage List
1998 SLK 230  [0.00]
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.Wolfson View Post
Everyone! That part is cheap and it will break. Most likely at the most inconvenient time. If you are over 50K miles and have never changed it, now is the time.

The great thing about this forum is that nothing will happen to your car that has not happened before and described here. Pay attention and do the preventive maintenance before it's too late.

///Rich
Cheap and easy maintenance!! I changed mine out at 45,000 mile and carry the old one with me when on long road trips just in case.
Appreciate 0