THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery [USA] Question about options

02-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
TINY BMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive Convertible

[USA] Question about options

Hi all,
I ordered an M240iX Vert loaded, and she's about halfway on her way to me in CA.

Going over the European lists, I've noticed that a lot of them have the option (or standard) the S0575, which is an additional 12V socket under the passenger's footwell.

Now reading around this seems to be a country specific. Some have the option, some have it standard, and some don't have it at all.

What is the US? If the option is not on my order list, can I retrofit that socket? If so, anyone who did this? It would really come in handy for my dashcam!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
Mtnbkrlts
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

I asked around on the M2 forum a few months back, and I recall that the answer was that certain markets have the additional outlet as standard, US does not, retrofit is not possible due to lack of wiring harness (of course, you could always tap into another set of wires....)
Appreciate 0