THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Port installed accessories for 2019 m240i

10-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Port installed accessories for 2019 m240i

Hey all! I think they've made major changes to the ordering for 2019. I was attempting to configure an order for port installed accessories on a m240i convertible.

Apparently, the M-performance exhaust isn't available without the m-performance diffuser. At least according to my dealer. I don't really care to spend on the diffuser, have other priorities. Is it no longer available to order on its own?

Also, my dealer says an LSD is no longer configurable as port-installed. Is this true, and will I truly miss it if I don't get it?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 02:44 AM   #2
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanator135 View Post
Hey all! I think they've made major changes to the ordering for 2019. I was attempting to configure an order for port installed accessories on a m240i convertible.

Apparently, the M-performance exhaust isn't available without the m-performance diffuser. At least according to my dealer. I don't really care to spend on the diffuser, have other priorities. Is it no longer available to order on its own?

Also, my dealer says an LSD is no longer configurable as port-installed. Is this true, and will I truly miss it if I don't get it?
I also was told the LSD was not available as a port installed option for my 2018. It's first on my list of things to install.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
24styles
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw M240i sunset orange

I have a 2019 240i on order, should be ready to collect in march, and i have ordered an LSD with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24styles View Post
I have a 2019 240i on order, should be ready to collect in march, and i have ordered an LSD with it.
Is the LSD being done at the dealer or in port? I'm asking as I am interested in PCD and I'd prefer to not have to go back to the dealer after my delivery. Or, if I do, maybe treat it like a performance upgrade down the road, after I've enjoyed it for a bit. After all, it's already a nice upgrade over what I'm currently driving. Then step to a tune, etc. keep the car fresh, instead of constantly feeling the need for something better.

Also, I had a 135i coupe back before family needs made me replace that payment with the big 7-seater SUV payment. Never missed having an LSD in that car, but I had just gotten to the point of really exploiting the performance actually on tap with that car by the time I had to move in a more family friendly direction.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 06:46 AM   #5
24styles
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw M240i sunset orange

Quote:
Is the LSD being done at the dealer or in port? I'm asking as I am interested in PCD and I'd prefer to not have to go back to the dealer after my delivery. Or, if I do, maybe treat it like a performance upgrade down the road, after I've enjoyed it for a bit. After all, it's already a nice upgrade over what I'm currently driving. Then step to a tune, etc. keep the car fresh, instead of constantly feeling the need for something better.

Also, I had a 135i coupe back before family needs made me replace that payment with the big 7-seater SUV payment. Never missed having an LSD in that car, but I had just gotten to the point of really exploiting the performance actually on tap with that car by the time I had to move in a more family friendly direction.
Tbh im not sure, and i have just noticed your all in usa and im in the uk, i was told the perfromance exhaust was not available as we have a new petrol particular filter being fitted to the exhausts now. So i guess thats an emissions thing...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #6
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive

having the same issue with the diffuser, annoying because can't even get it painted at the port.
      01-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #7
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
having the same issue with the diffuser, annoying because can't even get it painted at the port.
The M Performance exhaust will look ridiculous without the MP diffuser. It'll poke really badly and people will point and laugh. Besides, the stock diffuser is lame, so just pony up. You won't regret it. Negotiate it down to cost.
      01-14-2019, 08:44 PM   #8
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
The M Performance exhaust will look ridiculous without the MP diffuser. It'll poke really badly and people will point and laugh. Besides, the stock diffuser is lame, so just pony up. You won't regret it. Negotiate it down to cost.
Thx for the input, as it's actually really difficult to tell from pics...
I got about 10% off across the board on options/accessories. I don't really know how good a deal that was, but it's an ordered car, specced exactly how I want it (minus the LSD
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #9
skeeedunt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

From what I understand, there are two different part numbers for the exhaust, one made to fit the standard diffuser, and the other made to fit the m perf diffuser.

I didn't like the look of the mperf diffuser, so I'm skipping it and getting my exhaust installed at the dealer. We'll see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 12:01 PM   #10
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Interesting. Thought there was only one M Performance exhaust. Do you have a link?
      01-30-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Interesting. Thought there was only one M Performance exhaust. Do you have a link?
There's one exhaust, but two part numbers which only differ in the length of the exhaust pipes.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 02:12 AM   #12
Joakim_79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
There's one exhaust, but two part numbers which only differ in the length of the exhaust pipes.
With the Mperformance diffuser:
18 30 2424608 Mperformance muffler
2343355 Mperformance diffuser
2287042 Extension piece used if you have the Mperformance diffuser

Without the Mperformance diffuser:
18 30 2424608 Mperformance muffler
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 07:19 AM   #13
AML225
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i in EBII

Quote:
I have the M Performance Exhaust for cars with the diffuser, however my M235i has the stock rear bumper cover trim at the moment. It doesn't look ridiculous. The exhaust tips can be pushed back pretty far and my understanding is that the difference between the two exhaust part numbers is about an inch in length. Is it ideal? No, but it's hardly noticeable.
Appreciate 0