THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions coding DSC to make your F-series fun...

02-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #23
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Pika has me thinking twice about these, while the brake one does not bother me, I never felt any issues with the e LSD and my LSD. I'm thinking they may have more issues with X1 which is awd and a cuv. I've had the car in some pretty ridiculous slip angles. I may want the e LSD on road for some unforeseen emergency.
My understanding is that the mechanically LSD will act first as the eLSD is a reactive system and won't activate until the wheel starts slipping, but the mechanical LSD will act right before the wheel starts spinning...

So i think the eLSD will only activate once the wheel starts slipping even after the action of the mechanical LSD

That's my understanding but maybe I'm wrong... else they will have to disable the eLSD when you install the M perf LSD and I think they don't do any programming after installing the LSD
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #24
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: the wheels off

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
ok... looked quickly but couldn't find it.
When you can get to the exact variable name post it so I can take a look.

Thanks
variable name is C_Variante_Bremsscheibe_vorne_e (front brake disc)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #25
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
variable name is C_Variante_Bremsscheibe_vorne_e (front brake disc)
weird this is what I see

Name:  2016-02-29_2051.png
Views: 5210
Size:  11.3 KB

What psdzdata are you using?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:15 PM   #26
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep

3.57.4 lite
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #27
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
My understanding is that the mechanically LSD will act first as the eLSD is a reactive system and won't activate until the wheel starts slipping, but the mechanical LSD will act right before the wheel starts spinning...

So i think the eLSD will only activate once the wheel starts slipping even after the action of the mechanical LSD

That's my understanding but maybe I'm wrong... else they will have to disable the eLSD when you install the M perf LSD and I think they don't do any programming after installing the LSD
yes that is right, the mechanical will kick in first, I have not felt my e lsd kick on, nor seen any pad wear to indicate its use. Might be more of an issue on the non clutch diffs, or again on an awd x1.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #28
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
yes that is right, the mechanical will kick in first, I have not felt my e lsd kick on, nor seen any pad wear to indicate its use. Might be more of an issue on the non clutch diffs, or again on an awd x1.
I remember a post in the last year where a member with an LSD watched his e-diff signal, noting that it was non-zero. I.e. LSD does not prevent e-diff from doing its work...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #29
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I remember a post in the last year where a member with an LSD watched his e-diff signal, noting that it was non-zero. I.e. LSD does not prevent e-diff from doing its work...
the lsd would not prevent the e lsd, just reduce when it came in since you would not be having wheel spin.

The e lsd is similar to porsche ptv (not exact, but same principal). If it was coming on a lot, you would see excessive rear pad wear, It is not uncommon on a tracked 911 to have to do rear brakes before front, of course the engine is in the wrong spot.

My point is the e lsd, may be beneficial on our cars, hard to get a solid comparison to the x1.

I will leave mine on for sebring, code it off next time I am at rrr, where I have way more seat time and would be better able to tell the difference, if any.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 12:23 AM   #30
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep

Update: I'm very happy with the coding. I'm really hoping someone will chime in on FLR though!

Street
I've driven ~200 street miles and haven't perceived any of the partial steering lock sluggishness I'd previously noted. The car seems to be obeying my throttle commands to the letter now. I attribute this improvement to e-diff disable.

Track
I'm just back from a weekend at Chuckwalla Having brake fade compensation (HPS) turned off may have helped me better utilize the consistency of my SS brake lines and RBF. I experienced no fade (as expected), and enjoyed perfect linearity of brake application for 2 solid days.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2016, 06:37 AM   #31
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quickest Stock Turbo F8X

Nice, been waiting on your updates.

So did you just code the ones in your OP or did you do some other ones as well?
      03-14-2016, 09:14 AM   #32
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud IX View Post
Nice, been waiting on your updates.

So did you just code the ones in your OP or did you do some other ones as well?
just the ones in my OP, I haven't found any more information on how to code the rest in the F-series
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 01:07 PM   #33
Poboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Update: I'm very happy with the coding. I'm really hoping someone will chime in on FLR though!

Street
I've driven ~200 street miles and haven't perceived any of the partial steering lock sluggishness I'd previously noted. The car seems to be obeying my throttle commands to the letter now. I attribute this improvement to e-diff disable.

Track
I'm just back from a weekend at Chuckwalla Having brake fade compensation (HPS) turned off may have helped me better utilize the consistency of my SS brake lines and RBF. I experienced no fade (as expected), and enjoyed perfect linearity of brake application for 2 solid days.
What driving mode are you typically in on the street? if e-diff is only on with traction control off I wouldn't think it would change anything. Unless e-diff is more invasive than thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #34
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poboy View Post
What driving mode are you typically in on the street? if e-diff is only on with traction control off I wouldn't think it would change anything. Unless e-diff is more invasive than thought.
I drive DSC off at all times. I run 100oct full time, JB4 map7.

In a tight turn under power, consider that a mechanical LSD (like mine) will fight the inside wheel turning faster than the outside, but will also make the inside wheel turn faster than it would if the car were merely coasting through the corner. E-diff seemed to be intervening in this case, i.e. fighting the mechanical LSD.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #35
Poboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
I drive DSC off at all times. I run 100oct full time, JB4 map7.

In a tight turn under power, consider that a mechanical LSD (like mine) will fight the inside wheel turning faster than the outside, but will also make the inside wheel turn faster than it would if the car were merely coasting through the corner. E-diff seemed to be intervening in this case, i.e. fighting the mechanical LSD.
That has been my suspicion of what is happening, I have the M Perf LSD as well and figure on our awful roads the inside tire is scrubbing on tight turns causing DTC to pull power.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #36
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Just tried these up at sebring, my thoughts:

Brake Fading Compensation (HPS),

Brake Standby (EVB)

Brakes felt better, less grabby more linear esp. on left foot braking to scrub some speed or adjust line.

Electronic Differential (AX_Ref_Diff_Lock)

Could feel the difference here for sure, diff felt much more linear, and predictable. Easier to rotate and put the power down at low speeds.
Appreciate 2
      04-16-2016, 08:28 PM   #37
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Just did this coding today. Super easy (my first time). I have a track event in really June, so I'll give my thoughts when I get it on the track.
      08-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #38
BLACKSNOMO
Rep
Drives: 228 xdrive track pac

any updates on this ? Sometimes I get yanked out of my power on oversteer rather harshly on my dinan chipped 228 xdrive. I cant tell if its the xdrive fully and aggressively engaging after detecting differences in wheel speed or brake intervention/with possible slightest throttle cut ? I run ESC off ( 10 second push ).Sometimes I get the nicest power oversteer past apex, you would swear you were in a RWD, Other times its unpredictable and snaps back killing the perfect exit. frustrating .
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #39
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSNOMO
any updates on this ? Sometimes I get yanked out of my power on oversteer rather harshly on my dinan chipped 228 xdrive. I cant tell if its the xdrive fully and aggressively engaging after detecting differences in wheel speed or brake intervention/with possible slightest throttle cut ? I run ESC off ( 10 second push ).Sometimes I get the nicest power oversteer past apex, you would swear you were in a RWD, Other times its unpredictable and snaps back killing the perfect exit. frustrating .
If you don't have a mechanical LSD, you do not want to turn off the torque vectoring, even if it's an XDrive - the power will be sent to the right axel, but the axel won't know what to do with it.
      08-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #40
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpaper View Post
If you don't have a mechanical LSD, you do not want to turn off the torque vectoring, even if it's an XDrive - the power will be sent to the right axel, but the axel won't know what to do with it.
So any thoughts on whether this will cause any inadvertent damage to the MP LSD? I had the mechanical installed, but I thought it worked seamlessly with the ediff setup? If the ediff setup is overactive and interfering too often, I could definitely see usefulness of coding it out to let the MP LSD do its job more often.
      08-07-2016, 06:09 PM   #41
banff
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW

any research on the FLR part.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #42
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
I've spent the afternoon trying to adapt information in this superb blog entry to the F-series.

These are all DSC => 3000 nodes.
Engine Power Reduction to Prevent Brake Disc Overheating (FLR)
?

Brake Fading Compensation (HPS)
C_Funktion_Fadingkompensation_aktiv_I
activ => nicht_activ

Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
?

Brake Standby (EVB)
C_Funktion_Bremsbereitschaft_aktiv_I
activ => nicht_activ

Maximum Brake Support (HVV)
?

Dynamic Performance Control (FDB)
C_Funktion_FDB_GMV_aktiv_I, already nicht_active (likely owing to the fact that I'm RWD?)

Electronic Differential (AX_Ref_Diff_Lock)
C_Funktion_Differenzialsperre_aktiv_l
activ => nicht_activ
Just stumbling upon this great thread, and looking forward to getting eLSD and some of these braking nannies disabled!

I've never noticed FLR coming on either - or if I did, I'm sure I assumed it was related to one of the other power-pulling nannies within the DSC suite.

HBA seems like one that would be great to get rid of though... and possibly HVV too.

Has anyone been able to find the line items to code out HBA, HVV or FLR?
      12-01-2016, 05:43 AM   #43
zipphreak
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m235xi

Rwalker, Did you find these here?

http://www.onelapx1.com/blog/how-to-...w-actually-fun
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #44
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep

yes, and the original post has that link...