THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Wheel/tire fitment check!

08-23-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
niterunner
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Question Wheel/tire fitment check!

Hey guys, just wanted to check in to see if these tire sizes will work with my wheels with no issues.

I have 18x8.5 +38 wheels all around. I will be buying Michelin PS4S. I am (not that) lowered on Dinan springs. I am planning to buy these tires:

Fronts: 235/40
Rears: 255/35

Are the fronts fine without modification? And are those rears fine as well? Can you fit larger tires?

Appreciate and thank you for the help!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
ghost.M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterunner View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to check in to see if these tire sizes will work with my wheels with no issues.

I have 18x8.5 +38 wheels all around. I will be buying Michelin PS4S. I am (not that) lowered on Dinan springs. I am planning to buy these tires:

Fronts: 235/40
Rears: 255/35

Are the fronts fine without modification? And are those rears fine as well? Can you fit larger tires?

Appreciate and thank you for the help!
These should fit fine but note that the PS4S are relatively wide so you might rub slightly on hard bumps or with people sitting in the rear. You should be able to roll the front fenders and dial in some extra rear camber if needed to be safe. Alternatively you could have the wheels shaved 2-4mm to increase offset to et 40-42.

I'm running 225/35 & 255/30 PS91's on 19x8.5/9.5 et35/44(shaved) OEMConcept 437m reps on KWV3's and have only rubbed once or twice on really bad dips but never during corners, hard driving, or with passengers. I do have GC Camber plates up front for performance, not for fitment.

The widest tires I've seen up front without any modifications are 245/35r18 or 245/40r17. The rears will fit 265/35r18 with a higher offset 9.5 inch wide wheel on a stock or lowered (not slammed) car. You *can* fit wider tires on the front or rear by dialing in extra camber but it just depends on what your goals are.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0