THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Help!!!! I made a big mistake on my first VO coding.

02-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
mikofung9638
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F23 228i

Help!!!! I made a big mistake on my first VO coding.

Hi everyone,

My name is Fung, from Hong Kong , living in Canberra, Australia. I am new to this forum and new to coding too. Hope to make some friends and learn some more about coding here.

Long story short, I changed the VO code from 853 to 866(Language code from English to Traditional Chinese), and 810 to 8AA(National version from Australia to China), in order to enable chinese character to be displayed on the NBT cluster. After changing those VO, i coded HU_NBT, and that where all the nightmare began.

I have the CAFD under HU_NBT missing, the fold nest the HU_NBT become red and blue, and no signal showed on the idrive screen, but still playing music and air-con work well. I tried to reverse it by changing the VO code back to the original value, but after reading the Sa, it showed that the value hasnt been changed , so the VO value remain unchanged (still 810 and 853). I have tried to reload a old vo history, but it threw out so error code. After trying many different method, i found FSDMAP and paid USD$150 for unlock service, and they said they will send me a patch and after loading it to my car , it will fix all the problems. Unfortunately, it didnt come ture. It still no signal and no CARD under HU_NBT, but now i have no music and no air-con at all when starting the car . The guy from FSDMAP just keep telling me to load my original VO and code HU_NBT. I did few time but doesnt seems to be working , or may be i just didnt do it right as i m still new in coding.

Thank you everyone for reading through, I hope that i can get some one to help or giving advise, i have done everything i could . Please help me out I appreciate for any input

Name:  coding error.jpg
Views: 2761
Size:  280.3 KB

Name:  1112834902.jpg
Views: 2737
Size:  160.8 KB

Last edited by mikofung9638; 02-27-2019 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 01:45 AM   #2
mikofung9638
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F23 228i

So today i have tried few more times coding the car , but its still the same. I have copied the log from coding and attached with this email, hopefully this will help identifying the issue. I notice that the log showing there is an error when coding the HU_NBT2, but i actually have the HU_NBT without 2 , do you think that is what causing the coding unable to reach its destination ?

Name:  coding error.jpg
Views: 2804
Size:  280.3 KB

Caf's suchen

Tal wird generiert

Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started.

VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]

ExecutionID=2019/02/27-09:15:31.516

[] prepareTALExecution started

[] prepareTALExecution finished

[] prepareVehicleForCoding started

[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63] prepareECUforCoding started

[HU_NBT2 - 63] prepareECUforCoding finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63] authenticateECUforCoding started

[HU_NBT2 - 63] authenticateECUforCoding finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63 - cafd_00001ef6-006_018_016] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA started

MCDDiagService<id=62649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_PerformECUCoding, service=WDBI_PLAIN - WriteDataByIdentifier with unlimited Data-ID (plain hex value), description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET>

[HU_NBT2 - 63 - cafd_00001ef6-006_018_016] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files.

[HU_NBT2 - 63] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

code: service returned global negative response

description: Service WDBI_PLAIN returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; LinkName: HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET

severity: ERROR

[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUCoding started

[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUCoding finished

[] There was an error, please check the log files.

[] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikofung9638 View Post
So today i have tried few more times coding the car , but its still the same. I have copied the log from coding and attached with this email, hopefully this will help identifying the issue. I notice that the log showing there is an error when coding the HU_NBT2, but i actually have the HU_NBT without 2 , do you think that is what causing the coding unable to reach its destination ?

Attachment 1999323

Caf's suchen

Tal wird generiert

Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started.

VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]

ExecutionID=2019/02/27-09:15:31.516

[] prepareTALExecution started

[] prepareTALExecution finished

[] prepareVehicleForCoding started

[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63] prepareECUforCoding started

[HU_NBT2 - 63] prepareECUforCoding finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63] authenticateECUforCoding started

[HU_NBT2 - 63] authenticateECUforCoding finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63 - cafd_00001ef6-006_018_016] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA started

MCDDiagService<id=62649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_PerformECUCoding, service=WDBI_PLAIN - WriteDataByIdentifier with unlimited Data-ID (plain hex value), description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET>

[HU_NBT2 - 63 - cafd_00001ef6-006_018_016] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA finished

[HU_NBT2 - 63] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files.

[HU_NBT2 - 63] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

description: Service WDBI_PLAIN returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; LinkName: HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET

severity: ERROR

[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUCoding started

[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUCoding finished

[] There was an error, please check the log files.

[] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

Fung, have you resolve this problem?

i had this kind of "ETHERNET" problem back then when i was updating my HU_NBT, turns out you only need to turn off your firewall and antivirus first before getting to HU NBT coding.

hope this helps. if not, i can assist you via team viewer to get the process right.

T