THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos My new M240I X -Drive

11-24-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
Hammy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i xdrive

Garage List
My new M240I X -Drive

Picked up my new wheels today, and man what an awesome piece of automotive machinery. It's a 2017 (but still new) BMW M240I X-Drive. Since it was a model year (almost 2 now) old I got a great deal on this. Originally they had $7,000 discount but after a a fair but of haggling they went with a $9,200 discount, no freight or PDI, discounted performance exhaust and free winter wheels (I used the winter tires from my golf which fit like a charm). The deal along with the total awesomeness of the car sold me on it.

I'd be hard pressed to find a more beautiful car from any brand right now, and the 2 series coupe is just the right size coupled with the inline 6..... this thing is fast but it is not at all overly jarring. I'll never drive it in comfort mode of course but if you did it is very... well comfortable. I love the sport display that shows the HP and Torque in real time. The BMW Connected app is absolutely crazy with the remote stuff you can do and status it shows, everything except start the car of course due to its German roots. It has more "right away" power than the Golf R and handling is crisper. I've heard some reviewers say it had a dead spot in the steering at center but I can't find it, the steering feels more direct than the Golf.

The only ad-on I got was the tire/rim/paint chip/dent/glass/interior damage thing which set me back $2k. Since I am using it all year round I figured I would unfortunately get my money's worth out of this. They have 4 years maintenance included which is great along with roadside and whatnot.

There are a few quirky things I like:
1) Good old manual hand brake
2) pull the hood release twice and no need to search for a release, its already fully opened
3) No blind spot monitor so I don't get lazy with my shoulder checks
4) I have to mention the app again, I can honk my horn from anywhere on the planet, I think that's just so cool.

Anyway here I am back in a BMW, I would have never thought it possible but I've always been one to make decisions with my heart and not my head so here I go again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      11-24-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
BostonM235xi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
Picked up my new wheels today, and man what an awesome piece of automotive machinery. It's a 2017 (but still new) BMW M240I X-Drive. Since it was a model year (almost 2 now) old I got a great deal on this. Originally they had $7,000 discount but after a a fair but of haggling they went with a $9,200 discount, no freight or PDI, discounted performance exhaust and free winter wheels (I used the winter tires from my golf which fit like a charm). The deal along with the total awesomeness of the car sold me on it.

I'd be hard pressed to find a more beautiful car from any brand right now, and the 2 series coupe is just the right size coupled with the inline 6..... this thing is fast but it is not at all overly jarring. I'll never drive it in comfort mode of course but if you did it is very... well comfortable. I love the sport display that shows the HP and Torque in real time. The BMW Connected app is absolutely crazy with the remote stuff you can do and status it shows, everything except start the car of course due to its German roots. It has more "right away" power than the Golf R and handling is crisper. I've heard some reviewers say it had a dead spot in the steering at center but I can't find it, the steering feels more direct than the Golf.

The only ad-on I got was the tire/rim/paint chip/dent/glass/interior damage thing which set me back $2k. Since I am using it all year round I figured I would unfortunately get my money's worth out of this. They have 4 years maintenance included which is great along with roadside and whatnot.

2) pull the hood release twice and no need to search for a release, its already fully opened
4) I have to mention the app again, I can honk my horn from anywhere on the planet, I think that's just so cool.

Anyway here I am back in a BMW, I would have never thought it possible but I've always been one to make decisions with my heart and not my head so here I go again!
Awesome car Hammy, welcome back bro
      11-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Gotta love Glacier Silver Metallic..such a classic German car color with the bonus it seemingly always looks good too! Too bad one cannot (here in the U.S. anyway) get either the M240 or M Sport 230i in Glacier Silver..bummer.
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 1
Hammy39.00
      11-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340xi Portimao Blue

Garage List
Quote:

Great car! Glad you got a solid discount. Happy modding!
I went to the 1/4 recently and wished I'd gotten an Xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Sounds like a sweet deal on a beautiful car. Congrats and Good Luck!

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
Hammy
Private
Rep

Garage List
One month into ownership and couldn't be happier with this car. Got some bimmercoding done to display digital speedo, unlock doors with power off, brighter halo running lights, different screen graphics and radio off when opening doors. Just waiting for new grills and smoke cover for reflectors to show up in the mail. Man this car can go!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 11:28 PM   #7
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:

and it is nearly as quick as the m2
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Hammy39.00
      01-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #9
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Great car with an awesome discount! After driving the car for a while, are you missing your Golf R yet?
      01-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #10
Hammy
Private
Rep

Garage List
Definitely not, occasionally I miss the four doors but not enough to make up for the rest of the awesomeness.
Appreciate 0