THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Bimmertech Amp Installation DIY

02-01-2016, 09:19 PM   #23
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to follow up on a couple of things.

The amp bracket was assembled incorrectly by colleague. I apologize.

We will also make changes on he website regarding ASD. We will also offer an option to purchase the harness from us.

Regarding the tune. I was finally able to find a local F22 with HK. Every single owner i found had the HIFI option. It took me 4 months to find an owner that would let me borrow his car for 3 hours to create the tune. He's scheduled to come in Feb 14th.

I wanted to take a second and apologize for not having a F22 HK tune installed in the amp. The one me or my colleagues been sending you were from F30. Most guys that we were still trying to find a HK car to create the tune. Although it was not perfect and optimized(time alignment) for your system it was all we had to use until we could found one to tune. Thanks for being patient.

FYI this tune will be created with Helix DSP PC Tool Version 3.28d, please download it http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/cms/l...c-tool-v3.html

As you can see Helix is constantly improving their dsp software and adding new features. V3 is now pretty stable and ready for prime time.

Next week i will also be recording a demo video on the Helix Director and URC-2A Remote controllers.

I'm glad that you were able to tell the sq differences when you use a well recorded CD. Our tunes our created with reference sq music. My plan is to creae 2 tunes for each vehicle. A SQ tune and one geared towards that listen to Bluetooth audio and pop music.

I happen to be a SQ competitor and we also have a high end car audio shop. i compete in MECA and IASCA. Here's some pics of my E60.

RTA tuning rig for one our competition vehicles

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 12:45 AM   #24
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quickest Stock Turbo F8X

Glad to see you back Nelson!
      02-02-2016, 04:39 AM   #25
Zooks527
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma 4x4

Sounds like a plan, Nelson! Thanks!!

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2016, 02:14 AM   #26
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud IX View Post
Glad to see you back Nelson!
I never left to be honest, i hardly come to this forum. Too much hostility. I'm more active in the F30 and E90 forums. I really can't wait to create this tune, i don't think any of you guys have any idea how hard was to find a F22 with HK in Orlando. The good thing owner and i are already talking about speaker upgrade so we will have at least 2-3 tunes available

Thanks for being a patient customer
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2016, 03:27 AM   #27
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
I never left to be honest, i hardly come to this forum. Too much hostility. I'm more active in the F30 and E90 forums. I really can't wait to create this tune, i don't think any of you guys have any idea how hard was to find a F22 with HK in Orlando. The good thing owner and i are already talking about speaker upgrade so we will have at least 2-3 tunes available

Thanks for being a patient customer
Can't wait. Do you think you will have one for a Bavsound Ghost setup?
      02-03-2016, 07:01 AM   #28
chemh0ser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235ix Mineral Grey

+1 for Bavsound Ghost setup. Really looing forward to an F22 tune!
2015 ///M235iX | Mineral Grey | Dakota Black | Premium | Tech | Cold | Driver Ast | HK Sound | Black Kidney Grilles | M-Performance Exhaust | Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Rear Spoiler and Exhaust Finishers
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #29
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud IX View Post
Can't wait. Do you think you will have one for a Bavsound Ghost setup?
We might but customer is leaning towards Gladen or Jehnerts. I will also try to create new tunes so if i find an F22 with Bavsound i will create a tune for it like we did for the F30.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #30
e30if
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 318is, 2010 M3

Completely off topic but Nelson what do you think of tuning on the Arc PS8 in your vs the Helix software in the Match amps? We use Audison DSP's in my shop for the most part but I'm not overly impressed with the software, it's functional but it's seriously old at this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 12:06 AM   #31
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30if View Post
Completely off topic but Nelson what do you think of tuning on the Arc PS8 in your vs the Helix software in the Match amps? We use Audison DSP's in my shop for the most part but I'm not overly impressed with the software, it's functional but it's seriously old at this point.
Both of them are pretty powerful. If you look at the pics that i posted of my E60 i had a PS8 installed. Helix is a bit easier to tune and GUI is more modern. PS8 is a morel for the hardcore tuner but the biggest issue i had with it is the lack of a remote control which is coming out in a month or two. With it you can adjust pretty much every parameter from it. It also has an OLED display but only 3-4 presets whereas the Helix Director can store like 22 presets. i love me some presets.

I used to own the Bitone when it first came out, it seriously need an update. OLD is an understatement. I can't believe shops are still using them but me and you know why they are....
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 12:30 PM   #32
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Do you guys already have the Bavsound subs? Installed? If you do maybe one of y'all can ship to me and I can installed them in the f22 that I'm tuning next week. I asked bavsound to send me a set numerous times.....
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #33
Zooks527
Captain
Rep

Nelson, I'll post the hk tune in the first post of this thread when it comes available. I already have the F22 HiFi one posted there, and I'm going to add a link for the software. Could you take a look at tune and make sure it's the one you would want upfront for the F22 HiFi system? I think there was some question about the speaker distances.

The one that's posted there is this one: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/attac...0&d=1454178280

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #34
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Nelson, I'll post the hk tune in the first post of this thread when it comes available. I already have the F22 HiFi one posted there, and I'm going to add a link for the software. Could you take a look at tune and make sure it's the one you would want upfront for the F22 HiFi system? I think there was some question about the speaker distances.

The one that's posted there is this one: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/attac...0&d=1454178280

George, i couldn't download the attachment but you shouldn't be using that tune in your car. The F22 Hifi system doesn't have tweets. it's a 6 speakers system.

Here's the F22 HIFI tune with V3 software

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3k...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #35
Zooks527
Captain
Rep

Quote:
George, i couldn't download the attachment but you shouldn't be using that tune in your car. The F22 Hifi system doesn't have tweets. it's a 6 speakers system.
Oh, yeah, I realized that out of the gate. I wound down the frequencies above 5k, pumped the bass, and then moved the bass and mid-range up some more. It's passable for me until the hk tune comes around. I just wanted to show the right one for people with the HiFi system.

Quote:

I'll post that link up in the first post of the thread

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #36
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you guys already have the Bavsound subs? Installed? If you do maybe one of y'all can ship to me and I can installed them in the f22 that I'm tuning next week. I asked bavsound to send me a set numerous times.....
If mine were not already installed, I would have no problem letting you guys borrow them.
      02-05-2016, 04:44 AM   #37
Grave
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 220D M-Sport

Quote:

Hi, i have problems with your files.

The first one "F22 HIFI no PSM.afp" based on tool 2.93, time alignment seems very suspects :
FrontRFull = 0 inch, FrontLFull = 20 inch Where did you put your head ?

The second one with V3 is only a blank system without any modification.

and Hifi has a front center speaker even if it's better to disable it. (so 7 speakers)

Thanks

Last edited by Grave; 02-05-2016 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #38
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
Hi, i have problems with your files.

The first one "F22 HIFI no PSM.afp" based on tool 2.93, time alignment seems very suspects :
FrontRFull = 0 inch, FrontLFull = 20 inch Where did you put your head ?

The second one with V3 is only a blank system without any modification.

and Hifi has a front center speaker even if it's better to disable it. (so 7 speakers)

Thanks
Suspect as in? That's the correct settings.

Correct, it's a 7 speaker system. It was a typo, I apologize. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's better to disable it. What I suggest is upgrading the speakers. Creating that tune was very challenging.

I'll look into it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #39
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT

Quote:
Suspect as in? That's the correct settings.

Correct, it's a 7 speaker system. It was a typo, I apologize. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's better to disable it. What I suggest is upgrading the speakers. Creating that tune was very challenging.

I'll look into it.
I really do not see much value in keeping center speaker when the center channel is not really a discrete channel (center sound is also reproduced by front left and right speaker) other than higher SPL.
There isn't many high quality drives that can fit in center speaker location plus most of the sound will be reflected from windshield (which force you to use more delay and EQ compensation).
Also I believe tune setup that your are providing is for stock speaker setup so changing center speaker will require a different tune setup for specific speaker used.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #40
shadyru
Rep
Drives: M235i

Nelson most likely a long shot but since these speakers keep getting cheaper any chance to do a tune with replacement speakers mb quart QM200.3BMW http://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/bmw-.../bmw-speakers/

I have upgraded my speakers with thie mbquarts recommended by Technic. Same speakers as the gladden it looks like except for the crossovers. I believe I read that in a different forum

"The Gladen kit is the MB Quart kit with different crossovers. Take a look at both sets and you will see."

Last edited by shadyru; 02-05-2016 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #41
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuan99 View Post
I really do not see much value in keeping center speaker when the center channel is not really a discrete channel (center sound is also reproduced by front left and right speaker) other than higher SPL.
There isn't many high quality drives that can fit in center speaker location plus most of the sound will be reflected from windshield (which force you to use more delay and EQ compensation).
Also I believe tune setup that your are providing is for stock speaker setup so changing center speaker will require a different tune setup for specific speaker used.
I didn't said to change the center speaker, i suggested to keep it until you're ready to upgrade the front speakers. Our tunes are created to sound good with or without it. i'm personally i'm not a fan of it. My suggestion is to upgrade the front speakers as in a 3 way component set like the Gladen, Jehnerts, Mb Quartz or Helix. For that set up you will be able to use the upcoming HK tune. Yes you will need to fine tune it but at least you won't have to start from scratch.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #42
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

Nelson,

To be clear, the "upcoming HK tune" is for all stock HK speakers and tweeters in an F22, right? But that guy is considering a sub upgrade to Gladen or Jehnert, and you intend to do tunes for both variations?

It's probably been covered somewhere in the various threads, but other than the subs, are all the other speakers in an F22 HK system "acceptable"? It seems like if you have to swap all the speakers to make it good, then you've pretty much replaced everything in the HK package in the first place, so that $875 basically just got you the sail panels and some extra wires. Is the speaker and power wiring the same between HiFi and HK (other than the extra wires to the tweeters?)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #43
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyru View Post
Nelson most likely a long shot but since these speakers keep getting cheaper any chance to do a tune with replacement speakers mb quart QM200.3BMW http://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/bmw-.../bmw-speakers/

I have upgraded my speakers with thie mbquarts recommended by Technic. Same speakers as the gladden it looks like except for the crossovers. I believe I read that in a different forum

"The Gladen kit is the MB Quart kit with different crossovers. Take a look at both sets and you will see."
Definitely a long shot but if i come across with someone that has them installed in their F22 i will create a tune for it.

They're not the same speakers, i've installed both of them on a F30. $250 is a steal, i would recommend them to those with a tight budget! would i install it in my own vehicle? No.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:03 PM   #44
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneves View Post
Nelson,

To be clear, the "upcoming HK tune" is for all stock HK speakers and tweeters in an F22, right? But that guy is considering a sub upgrade to Gladen or Jehnert, and you intend to do tunes for both variations?

It's probably been covered somewhere in the various threads, but other than the subs, are all the other speakers in an F22 HK system "acceptable"? It seems like if you have to swap all the speakers to make it good, then you've pretty much replaced everything in the HK package in the first place, so that $875 basically just got you the sail panels and some extra wires. Is the speaker and power wiring the same between HiFi and HK (other than the extra wires to the tweeters?)
Simon,

Correct, stock HK speakers. We spoke about about speaker upgrades and he asked me what i personally like but i told him to hold off on the upgrade until we do the HK tune.

I haven't heard the hk system but from what i've read is pretty much the HIFI system that's on the F30. For most people it will be acceptable. Can you do better? yeah, a lot better but it comes down to $$$. From what i understand HK is standard on the M235i? One thing for sure it's not worth the $875 BMW charging for it. Wiring is the same.

The good thing is that the m235i that i will be using to create the tune is local. I'm taking my sweet time, he said i could have the car as long as i need to. Cool guy! We have a couple of new exciting products that i will be able to test on his car
Appreciate 0