THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What are your thoughts on this car and price?

03-22-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
stevenh44
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17' BMW R1200R

What are your thoughts on this car and price?

I've been looking for a M235 for awhile now. Has been hard to find one locally that is not xdrive and manual transmission.
Here is a link to one that I'm interested in. However, I'm hesitant because it will not be certified pre-owned because of the two Dinan modifications. So, no extra year warranty. Also worried that the car may have been tracked or driven hard.

https://www.bmwstore.com/used/BMW/20...81c667e59a.htm

What's your all educated opinion?!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
DistantTea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Oops

I saw that car recently while waiting on the girlfriends mini. It looked fine to me. You can probably get them to come down on that price a little but it all seems reasonable. The previous owner just traded it in after three years like everyone else does. If you need a warranty then don’t get it. But if you talk to the bmw store about it I’m sure they will be able to put something together for your peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenh44 View Post
Also worried that the car may have been tracked or driven hard.

What's your all educated opinion?!
I believe that BMW service departments have the ability to call up certain historical data on the car. For example, highest speed, RPM, oil and coolant temps, etc. attained. I suggest asking the BMW Store if they can produce that sort of data for you, and if they will.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
MassNerd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe RWD

Garage List
Seems like a reasonable price.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #5
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I believe that BMW service departments have the ability to call up certain historical data on the car. For example, highest speed, RPM, oil and coolant temps, etc. attained. I suggest asking the BMW Store if they can produce that sort of data for you, and if they will.
^
this. I know that much of the information that would indicate a race history would be stored on the ECU. Ask that this be furnished before you buy it.

I have a Dinan Stage 1 and their CF air intake on mine. Mine has never been tracked or even seen WOT. Something many people do just to have it. More for coffee house talk rather than street racing.

Here's a link to others and from a quick glance and comparing your lower mileage, the deal seem pretty good to me. See if you can "wiggle" them down a bit more - or throw some extras your way to sweeten the deal. Often times if they were the selling and service dealership, they know the car...if it's a "cream-puff", they may stand pat. Knowing the car was driven w/ care is worth a bit more in the long run too.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/2016/BMW/M235i

Definitely check service history too. (to see what car has been brought in for other than routine service).

Otherwise, the car looks pretty good to me. Drive it and see if "she speaks to you".
Appreciate 0