THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Dinan bump stops not fitting

01-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Razzback
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240 XDrive

Dinan bump stops not fitting

Took my m240 to my local shop last night to install dinan springs and bump stops. My mechanic told me the bump stops weren't sitting correctly. While the OEM one fit snug, the Dinan (which is also bmw I'm told) had about a half inch wiggle room on all sides. Anyone else run into this?
      01-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzback View Post
Took my m240 to my local shop last night to install dinan springs and bump stops. My mechanic told me the bump stops weren't sitting correctly. While the OEM one fit snug, the Dinan (which is also bmw I'm told) had about a half inch wiggle room on all sides. Anyone else run into this?
Bump stops don't wiggle. They should have the same internal diameter as your strut shaft.

If the shop is trying to say that they aren't as wide as stock bump stop; therefore, they do not fill the entire "seat" then they would probably be correct. Dinan is cutting the bump stop shorter. So yes, cutting the conical bump stop reduces the outside diameter.

Other then that... you would need to actually take pictures of wth you're talking about for anyone to help lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

They are fine. They are not as wide and don't fit the seat but that's not a problem because they fit the strut shaft.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Razzback
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240 XDrive

Yeah they turned out to be fine. Took a bit for Dinan to get back to me on that, unfortunately after the shop installed the springs without the .