THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes KW EDC Cancellation Kit Install Question

12-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #45
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLIT View Post
I made the mistake of purchasing the version of KW v2's without the EDC kit and was shocked to find (no pun intended) two passenger side pieces identical in part number even for the front. I modified one of the alignment pins as to properly position and all was fine until a seasoned coder and myself attempted to go the coding route as to avoid the purchase of the EDC Delete kit. Long story short, days later and after many attempts and headaches driving with those codes, I just bought the EDC delete Kit on Sale. My question is will installing the edc kit and not having stock placement where the bracket would have been even on the KW V2's with EDC, cause issues. Only one way to find out I know. I've already pulled the EDC unit from the trunk and just want to make sure I don't install these only to find out that specific position on the strut will need to be replicated to get rid of these codes and issues.
Your codes will be gone with the EDC delete unit regardless of where you place the redundant sensors but the car may handle funny if previously on the adaptive suspension (variable steering will be gone. well, it is already gone if you have the KW without the EDC delete unit. those are acceleration sensors. you may not be able to fit them on the shock body exactly like they were on the stock suspension. I tried but eventually fitted them on the inside of the car's body which of course wasn't the brightest idea - you'd turn the wheel and the car wouldn't quite follow like it should until you turned it almost all the way and then it would just snap (lots of understeer then snap oversteer - sucks on a slippery road, plain dangerous. that was the end of my experiments with a suspension not designed as a replacement for the adaptive suspension.)

PS: Could you elaborate why coding out didn't work for you?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #46
zipphreak
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m235xi

Coding it out seems to be the most effective, although you lose some of the benefits

- Delete 2VF and VO Coding DSC, FEMBODY, HU, KOMBI...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #47
JLIT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
Your codes will be gone with the EDC delete unit regardless of where you place the redundant sensors but the car may handle funny if previously on the adaptive suspension (variable steering will be gone. well, it is already gone if you have the KW without the EDC delete unit. those are acceleration sensors. you may not be able to fit them on the shock body exactly like they were on the stock suspension. I tried but eventually fitted them on the inside of the car's body which of course wasn't the brightest idea - you'd turn the wheel and the car wouldn't quite follow like it should until you turned it almost all the way and then it would just snap (lots of understeer then snap oversteer - sucks on a slippery road, plain dangerous. that was the end of my experiments with a suspension not designed as a replacement for the adaptive suspension.)

PS: Could you elaborate why coding out didn't work for you?
It was tough to say why coding didn't work out. I was confused whether I had an issue with my EPS (due to a jack slipping and damaging one of the motor side brackets (three screws that attached the cast iron end brackets to the motor itself. My codes could sticking around due to that. I believe I damaged the belt on the servo as I get piercing sound of screeching when I turn the wheel hard left or right beyond a certain threshold. If I'm driving at even slow speeds the sound vanishes. I may need to replace the whole rack and pinion to know for sure or at least open up the EPS and see if anything looks screwed. As others had mentioned, the wiring instructions from KW showed different pins that were to plug into the EDC unit so I had to crack open the stock connector to use other connectors to lock into the adapter (which would in turn connect to the EDC sensor). Given the sound which I didn't know to be hardware at the time due to various mentions of the bombardment of chassis and increased steer codes that the computer would throw out without the EDC Delete Kit, I didn't even consider a hardware problem. It vary easily could've been coded out perhaps and my EPS damaged unit could be the culprit of some of those codes still lingering even after being cleared. Going to check the classifieds and ebay for a replacement rack and pinion. Paying 2k for a new one seems ridiculous. My car is CPO and I really don't want to void that warranty by bringing in a damaged eps that was caused by user error (I blame the foundation of my old garage, but the fact remains, the damage was done by me and wasn't a faulty component.
18x8.5 et35 VMR 803, Stoptech Trophy Series Front BBK, M4 LCA,KW V2, Seibon CF Hood, APR Gtc250, Agency harness bar, Corbeau A4 Raving Seats and 4pt Harnesses, P3 Display, XHP Stage 3, PR Coils -TTFS-XDI35 hpfp ~CaryJordan Tune Full E85~aFE Momentum GT, Stage 2.5 Walbro 535 LPFP, MPerfExhaust, Quad CF Sleeve Tips, custom quad cf rear diffuser, M2 Style Front bumper with lip. Avery Dark Grey Gloss Vinyl
Appreciate 1
x233284.00
      12-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #48
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I'll let you know how mine work when I install them along with my CS's, in February. Been staring at these boxes for far too long! Expensive f'ers, too!
      03-19-2018, 04:51 AM   #49
JLIT
Private
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
My EPS was getting no signal in ISTA/D and i've since purchased a EPS Control Module and not the whole rack and pinion luckily. $385 bucks for a used 2017 M235i. Just have to code it now in ESys
18x8.5 et35 VMR 803, Stoptech Trophy Series Front BBK, M4 LCA,KW V2, Seibon CF Hood, APR Gtc250, Agency harness bar, Corbeau A4 Raving Seats and 4pt Harnesses, P3 Display, XHP Stage 3, PR Coils -TTFS-XDI35 hpfp ~CaryJordan Tune Full E85~aFE Momentum GT, Stage 2.5 Walbro 535 LPFP, MPerfExhaust, Quad CF Sleeve Tips, custom quad cf rear diffuser, M2 Style Front bumper with lip. Avery Dark Grey Gloss Vinyl
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #50
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

Just in-case anyone was curious as to what the sensor is actually doing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
x233284.00
Dylan861330.00
      03-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #51
JLIT
Private
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Seems that my control module individually purchased separate from the full rack and pinion had some belt noise. It was receptive to coding but I'm still getting "Increased Steer Effort" and "Chassis Malfunction". Troubleshooted every route ISTA/D had mentioned including every fuse and ground connection, swapping out a torque angle sensor and still no resolution. Decided to take to BMW in the coming days as it's under warranty. More frustrated that I couldn't figure it out with all the diagnostic tools and a mechanic friend. Sometimes I guess you gotta let the pro's handle it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #52
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
Did you get the KW ones with the brackets for the acceleration sensors? They have versions with and without the brackets.

If so you should be fine. Still need to code out the actual EDC module though.
Hi what ones do you need which have all the mounts on to delete the edc? I’m looking for a set for my f30 335d derive
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #53
Kefka
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i, 135i, 335i e93/92 , Z4 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
M235i xDrive with Adaptive M-Suspension

Installing Bilstein B8 shocks and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Right in the middle of the process. For this to work a EDC cancellation kit is required (or coding).

KW EDC Cancellation Kit is being used. Part Number 68510301.

Ran into a question (problem maybe) while installing the cancellation kit.

While connecting the kit itself and the wires seemed pretty clear, there is one OEM part that is not mentioned in the cancellation kit instructions, something called "accelerating sensor" (appears to be part number 37 15 6 871 465, position #5 in the picture below).

[IMG]http://s16.postimg.org/518cfvrbp/CImage_copy.jpg[/IMG]

This is how it looks and how it's positioned on the OEM shock:

[IMG]http://s28.postimg.org/petjzegr1/IMG_9640.jpg[/IMG]

This is the face of the sensor in question:

[IMG]http://s18.postimg.org/thbftzy2x/IMG_9646x.jpg[/IMG]

Exactly what is this thing doing?
What am I supposed to do with it?

Keep it and attach it? Attach where? On the shock or does it even matter? If kept does its exact position matter? (Bilstein shocks don't have a similar perch to put it on).

Disconnect it completely and forget it?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Especially if someone has already done this.

Hello all , I'm new here...

I had exactly the same question/situation back on Dec'18 but into a 435i

Front shocks have a side (left/right ) and when i was installing front shocks Bilstein HD , I saw that there was not a place to insert the accelerometer.

I didnt know where to re-locate it and ended up reinstalling the OEM shocks again.

Apart of this , I also needed a driver sway bar link to be used into the passenger shock to be able to install the shock.

I still have the complete set of shocks/struts waiting for a solution/trick for this.[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 04:12 AM   #54
SystemOfUrdaW
Tom2TerrE
Canada
Rep
Drives: BmW 340i Xdrive 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
I VO coded it out, took about 10 minutes. No errors, no problems.
How did you coded out?
i'm currently in that process
Appreciate 0