THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 17" Snow Boots

11-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
MrBones93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

17" Snow Boots

It seems the majority of people on here live in warmer climates but here I am, begging for snow. This is a slight conflict of interest given my car rides on Pilot Super Sports. Last week, this conflict was settled as temperatures started to drop and snow emerged on the forecast. Unfortunately, I was unprepared for this settlement as I had only ordered my snow tires (through tire rack, delivered to a shop in town) the previous day. I figured if I picked my drives wisely (mid-day, no sport mode ..), I'd be fine for a week. I checked the shipment tracking daily and called to make an appointment the morning they arrived due to the impending snow. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Sir, but we are swamped with people switching to winter tires right now. Earliest I can do is a week from today." No bueno. I ended up finding a shop that operates on a first come, first serve basis so if I arrived when they opened, I'd be first and I'd be in and out. So I set my alarm for the following morning and hit the sack....without checking the weather. 7:30am rolls around and I get up and ready in record time, walk outside, anddddd there it is, a nice 4 inches of sticky, wet snow. I jogged to the road to see if it was drive-able and I decided it was. I was prepared with a snow brush and set that bastard into sport mode. I pull out of the drive way and boom, traction warning light. I almost turned around but was honestly too nervous to even attempt such a maneuver so I just kept going straight. Once out of the neighborhood, everything was fine, the 3 accidents I saw on the 10 minute trip to the shop were more than enough to keep my attention spiked. I got to the shop a little late and ended up having to leave the car till about noon, so no biggie. I had the TPMS swapped and ended up spending $109 at the shop, which I am happy with. The car looks and feels great and I am A LOT more comfortable on the road.

Wheels: 17X7.5 MONTE TITANO MT6 VITA MT TITAN
Tires: 215/50R-17 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80 XL
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
FIRST1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Melbourne Red

if anyone on summer tires sees this message: DO NOT DRIVE ON SNOW
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1
if anyone on summer tires sees this message: DO NOT DRIVE ON SNOW
+1. Friend had a late model E30 M3. He stored it in his parents garage in Chicago for the winter (on summer tires). His mother decided to take it to the store since her car was low on gas. She knew nothing about cars and has, at best, questionable judgment. Totaled it 100 yards from the house.
Appreciate 0