THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Whine from fuel tank area

03-13-2024, 09:19 PM   #1
roarf
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW and Lotus

Whine from fuel tank area

I searched but am not finding anything about this. Car is a 2015 M235ix, 76k miles, no mods. Today I noticed at idle with my windows down a faint whine that I haven't heard before. Almost sounds like a small fan is running. Got out and walked around the car and it seems to be coming from the fuel tank area. Is this a sign that my low pressure fuel pump (LPFP) is on its way out? Or is there something else that would make this noise from this area?

Car starts and runs normally, and the LPFP sounds normal during priming when you open the driver's door. Gas cap is tight. I don't let the tank get super low before refueling. No CEL present, but I did check codes with ISTA and there is code 190302 Diagnostic module for tank leaks, fuel tank ventilation system, micro leak, but it is not currently 'existent'.

Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by roarf; 03-13-2024 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0