THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes My nightmare experience getting Dinan Springs installed- FINAL UPDATE 12/01/15

10-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #45
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

Sorry to hear the headache you are going through. I dont understand why they cant fix the problem. If it clearly was a squeaking spring from the Dinan spring, they should be able to at least order a new spring in for the side that is squeaking, install the spring and see if the noise goes away, if it does dinan should cover the cost of the spring i would think.

If something was not installed correctly they should fix it no matter what.

In my experience I have seen the Ball joint end of the control arms that mount to the steering knuckle squeak. It is a very odd spot but i have seen a few. installed a new control arm and life was good.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #46
M235eye
Enthusiast/Former CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i

Visited the dealership on 10/13/15 to speak to the Service GM and assistant manager. He authorized the shop foreman to take a look at the vehicle while I waited; turns out the front left coil pad needs replacing and he will order it. GM said they would take care of it but I will not be granted a loaner vehicle while the installation is being completed. Happy enough for now and I am waiting to hear back when the replacement part is received.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #47
M235eye
Enthusiast/Former CA
United_States
Rep

Update

Hey guys/gals.
Wonderful update for all of you and I think (for now) the issue is finally resolved.
So I went in late October so the dealership could replace the front left coil pad since it was the only out-standing component which appeared faulty. Picked up the vehicle later in the day and took it for a drive. Well the noises were STILL noticeable
So mid November I called the dealership back and asked one of the managers if they could give it another go. They said yes without hesitation. This time I had the luxury of the leaving the vehicle for several days since I was leaving town and did not need a loaner (which I would not have been granted anyway).

I went in November 19th and went for a drive with the shop foreman so I could personally have him hear the noises I was complaining about (it took a good 10 minutes of trying to do so believe it or not). I get a call on the 23rd from an SA and I am informed that the tech found the control arm on the RIGHT side was slightly loose. They tightened it and viola! NO MORE NOISE. I wanted to wait at least 1 week before posting results and I am very happy now as the noises were just so God damn annoying. Thanks all for your advice and encouragement.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #48
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

^^^
Hope you gave that tech a great big kiss.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #49
M235eye
Enthusiast/Former CA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
^^^
Hope you gave that tech a great big kiss.
I wanted to but I feared they would file a restraining order against me.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #50
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

So turns out it wasn't the springs or shocks after all?
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #51
M235eye
Enthusiast/Former CA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
So turns out it wasn't the springs or shocks after all?
Bingo
Appreciate 0