THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics MusicarNW Stage 3 Sound System

08-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
JQuach07
Private
Rep
Drives: m235i Alpine White

MusicarNW Stage 3 Sound System

Front Stage - Morel Hybrid + Jehnert XE

The morel Hybrid 28mm tweeter will give us much more information higher in the soundstage. This aids to the believability factor since most of the music will seem to come directly across the dash from the hood of the car. The matching 100mm midrange is where most of our vocals are going to originate. Unlike other Morel midranges, this is a cone diaphragm rather than a dome. This means that our response is going to be much better in the drivers seat sitting off-axis with the drivers side speaker.

The 8" underseat mid woofer from Jehnert of Germany is going to give us the strike and impact in the top end of the drum kit we lack with the factory system. Using a bandpass filter we are only going to allow these to play a small frequency range that does not include the subwoofer frequencies that were originally sent to the factory 8"s.

Subwoofer - JL Audio 10w3v3

The W3 is going to give us the most impact possible in the given space. Tonally it will do an excellent job of taking over the frequency range we just took away from the underseat drivers. The subwoofer will use the proprietary JL Audio heavy duty grill to protect the cone from shifting cargo.

Amplification - Mosconi D2

Mosconi of Italy is well-known in the aftermarket car audio realm for designing high-quality amplifiers that always sound bigger than they are. That couldn't be more true for the D2 Series. With a combined length of less than 15" these two amplifiers boast close to 1,000 watts! With a built-in digital signal processor, we can also correct all of the negative effects of speaker position and cabin environment to optimize the sound.

Subwoofer control will also be integrated into the front of the car to access independent volume from the drivers seat. We use an OEM BMW knob for a factory-like appearance.

Finally, we tune the system. Since your F22 might be the first Level 3 Four-Way system we have completed in house. Your car will hold the original tune, meaning that your system will sound just a bit better than anyone else who orders this setup for a remote installation.

Review

I had this system install back in December 2015. This was the best investment I every made to my car. This is one of the best sounding system I have ever heard and same with ever passenger that gets into my car. The difference from my system and the system I put up is they change my subwoofer to an AudioFrog. I know if you aren't local in the NorthWest they will send you a prebuilt version which is plug and play.

MusicarNW Webpage
MusicarNW Facebook

Last edited by JQuach07; 08-20-2016 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
drakensoul
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

The cost for the four-way Stage 3 components is almost $5000.. how much did you pay for install?

Last edited by drakensoul; 08-20-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
JQuach07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakensoul
The cost for the four-way Stage 3 components is almost $5000.. how much did you pay for install?
I lived in Oregon so it was installed their. Prices varies on what you want. I'm not sure if I am able to disclose my price since I was one of their test cars. I gave them my price range and they picked out products that will work in that price range for me. Even level 1 with sub and amp. Makes a huge difference since 2 series lack lows.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #4
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Up and above the cost, those Mosconi amps are not plug and play. No way they could be unless MusicarNW supplies mounting brackets, hardware, custom BMW harnesses, full instructions -- and an elf to drill mount holes and route the power/ground wires, then be mailed home in a ventilated postage-prepaid box.

(Man. I hate how people throw the 'plug-and-play' moniker around like its, I dunno -- the word 'organic' or something ... )

For the record: as the OP notes, places like MusicarNW are the absolute best option for building a system for your needs, in your specific car, to your price point. You won't get the absolute best prices, but you likely will get (close to) the absolute best advice because it knows BMWs and knows how to listen to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #5
JQuach07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike
Up and above the cost, those Mosconi amps are not plug and play. No way they could be unless MusicarNW supplies mounting brackets, hardware, custom BMW harnesses, full instructions -- and an elf to drill mount holes and route the power/ground wires, then be mailed home in a ventilated postage-prepaid box.

(Man. I hate how people throw the 'plug-and-play' moniker around like its, I dunno -- the word 'organic' or something ... )

For the record: as the OP notes, places like MusicarNW are the absolute best option for building a system for your needs, in your specific car, to your price point. You won't get the absolute best prices, but you likely will get (close to) the absolute best advice because it knows BMWs and knows how to listen to you.
@Viffermike from what I saw in my set up everything is made into coaxial. Pretty much you just plug it in and clips. Mounts maybe they provide, also enclosure is included, and drilling isn't needed because your battery is in the trunk already.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post

I hate it too. That's why we at Musicar provide plug-and-play systems with the plug-in harness already attached to the amplifier, and the amplifier mounting adapter using stock hardware, AND a power/ground harness to route to the battery which in the F22 case certainly doesn't require a single hole to be drilled... not to mention the DSP already pre-programmed
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      08-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
stealthwang
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

Nice to see a rep here. Can you give ballpark prices on your F22 upgrade stages?
Appreciate 0