THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB buzz along trasmission tunnel cover passenger side

11-02-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

buzz along trasmission tunnel cover passenger side

If you're sitting in the passenger seat, over certain roads, there is a harmonic that causes the plastic cover (basically the large wrap of the transmission tunnel) right by your left knee to buzz (actually at the bottom where it meets the carpet but still by your left knee).

Super simple to stop it, just touch it, or lean something against it, but what is inside? Think of this as right behind inside the right cup holder in front of the dash.

Is there a way to remove this panel without taking apart the interior to tighten/secure what's buzzing inside?

Seth
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
este
N54 to N55
Rep
Drives: e92 335i (sold) / M235i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
If you're sitting in the passenger seat, over certain roads, there is a harmonic that causes the plastic cover (basically the large wrap of the transmission tunnel) right by your left knee to buzz (actually at the bottom where it meets the carpet but still by your left knee).

Super simple to stop it, just touch it, or lean something against it, but what is inside? Think of this as right behind inside the right cup holder in front of the dash.

Is there a way to remove this panel without taking apart the interior to tighten/secure what's buzzing inside?

Seth
Had a similar sound but ended up being just a loose screw in the front underbody plastic panel, there's like a millions screws holding it in lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep

no doubt it's something similar - just didn't know if there is a good way to access it. Something better than removing the entire center console.

Seth
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1605242

I think that will help - I think you can just pop off the shifter bezel and then I can get behind the panel. Any special tools required to pop off the trim? doesn't say in the thread.

Seth
Appreciate 0