THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing video: Road America

10-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

video: Road America

Since people are starting to post more track videos here, I thought I would post this.

This is from the Badger Bimmers OktoberFAST 2020 event at Road America last weekend. The last session finally dried out and got warm enough to start pushing the car, and I set my personal best lap time at RA: 2:51.142 Getting tired, and a few mistakes, but I am proud of this time. Beat my old best time by more than 4 seconds.

I'm catching an S4 that I was pointing by most of the weekend. In the wet/cold he had better traction. With the temps up to 45, and some sun to dry the track, I could finally get my tires up to temp. I left the nannies on, running in Sport mode (chassis only) all weekend. You can see the traction light kicking in as I'm going through 12, Canada Corner. Earlier it was a quick snap slide every time, as this is the coldest/wettest part of the track.

I'm also happy with this time as I'm on really old/worn 225 width RS4's, and my track pads are a bit glazed. Need new on both, but didn't want to spend the money this year. Track Addict says my best predictive was a 2:49 ish time. I can see in a few laps that I could really pick up some time in the Kink, but that is such a scary corner, I may just leave those seconds where they are.
Appreciate 2
dradernh4347.50
msendit418.00